• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild edge pack

Matki15

Last year I switched from cranford steps to a 6 pack of primal steps and I needed a bag to hold them. After a little tease arch I found this bag and it perfectly fits my 6 steps and a ring of steps in the main compartment. All the little pockets surrounding it are great for my smaller gear, everything has its own specific pocket so I never lose anything. Just figured I’d post about it as it’s marketed as a duck hunting bag so it isn’t on a lot of deer hunters’ radars. I can post up a few pictures of the steps packed in the bag later on if anyone is interested. 3F253CBA-B64C-48D5-8AEA-410CFF07562F.png

I’d like to see how your steps fit in there. You think it would also fit 8 steps? That’s what I use. The stock bag is ok but leaves a bit to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like to see a few pics of how you have it set up and are using it if you don’t mind.

I’d like to see how your steps fit in there. You think it would also fit 8 steps? That’s what I use. The stock bag is ok but leaves a bit to be desired.

It could but the bottom V of the steps would be sticking above the top of the bag, it would work but I worry about falling and jamming my neck against that V
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like to see a few pics of how you have it set up and are using it if you don’t mind.
AC2146E4-ADD8-4FEC-AF86-76B31634ED9C.jpeg60344CB8-7025-47CA-BB26-9413B07CFDA1.jpegA90EA37F-72FF-40E5-BD4D-A34444A8A459.jpeg3BAEE6FC-7D9A-4978-99CD-D5C3D852434B.jpegD4679281-9424-4382-A4F5-837355BD3FD6.jpeg
I use the Gripr from 3D Genesis to hold the steps together in the bag, steps slide in upside down and my ring of steps sits in between the arms of the steps. Bow rope in one side pocket, gear hanger in sunglasses pocket, and other smaller gear in the rest of the pockets

View attachment 54175View attachment 54176View attachment 54177View attachment 54178View attachment 54179
I use the Gripr from 3D Genesis to hold the steps together in the bag, steps slide in upside down and my ring of steps sits in between the arms of the steps. Bow rope in one side pocket, gear hanger in sunglasses pocket, and other smaller gear in the rest of the pockets

Thank you. How tight are the stepps in there? Or should I say how loose? I’m looking for slightly looser than the stepp bag if possible. I’ve done some mods to my bag to make it work better for me but it’s the one part of my system I’m still trying to improve.

Thank you. How tight are the stepps in there? Or should I say how loose? I’m looking for slightly looser than the stepp bag if possible. I’ve done some mods to my bag to make it work better for me but it’s the one part of my system I’m still trying to improve.
I don’t have personal experience with the wild edge bag but from what I’ve heard it’s pretty tight. In this bag the steps are secure enough to not worry about any accidental noise from the steps jostling around but loose enough to easily put in or take out the bag. There is a drawstring around the mouth of the main compartment that the steps may snag on while taking them out but it’s easily removable

I don’t have personal experience with the wild edge bag but from what I’ve heard it’s pretty tight. In this bag the steps are secure enough to not worry about any accidental noise from the steps jostling around but loose enough to easily put in or take out the bag. There is a drawstring around the mouth of the main compartment that the steps may snag on while taking them out but it’s easily removable
Ok great, thanks for sharing!

Hello Matki15! Thank you for the suggestion, and the photos! I noticed you are using webbing/strap on the steps. Can you provide the details on what you are using? I'd love to know mfr'r, strap size and length, where you bought them, etc! And most importantly, how do you like them? Thinking of switching my current Wild Edge ropes out that came with them.

Hello Matki15! Thank you for the suggestion, and the photos! I noticed you are using webbing/strap on the steps. Can you provide the details on what you are using? I'd love to know mfr'r, strap size and length, where you bought them, etc! And most importantly, how do you like them? Thinking of switching my current Wild Edge ropes out that came with them. I do like the webbing as it has no stretch so it’s very easy to get the steps set
Can’t help much on the source of the webbing, those are actually primal tree steps that come stock with those straps

Hello Matki15! Thank you for the suggestion, and the photos! I noticed you are using webbing/strap on the steps. Can you provide the details on what you are using? I'd love to know mfr'r, strap size and length, where you bought them, etc! And most importantly, how do you like them? Thinking of switching my current Wild Edge ropes out that came with them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back