• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Perch first impression

Very good review... I'm up in the air about it still. Gotta sale something first lol
I'm still up in the air also... want to do some more tests on different types of trees...my one thought is if ur standing on it for a couple hours and the Wild Edge Step tip sinks into the tree a little will it cause the step to loosen at all... Only one way to tell continue to play with it. Thanks for watch the video.

im wondering if it will un-ingage itself if you accidently kick it up. you wont be able to reach it to replace it, whereas a flip down platform , you just push it back down with your foot... just thinking..?

im wondering if it will un-ingage itself if you accidently kick it up. you wont be able to reach it to replace it, whereas a flip down platform , you just push it back down with your foot... just thinking..?
From my limited practice with the Perch, I don't think this will be an issue. I can barely get the Perch off after I'm back down on the ground. I couldn't get it to come free from the step in the tree the few times I've played with it. It fits really tight to the steps (at least my steps).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Nice video! A fair and honest review.

Thank u and that's what u going to get from me a fair and honest review. Safety is #1 when u are hunting that high up in a tree. It's just my first impressions. I will continue to play with it and put it thru some more tests. Thanks for watching and letting me know your thoughts.

Great video!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank u for watching the video and letting me know your thoughts on the video. It was my first impression and I will continue to play with it and definitely can't wait to do a side by side comparison with my Predator.

From my limited practice with the Perch, I don't think this will be an issue. I can barely get the Perch off after I'm back down on the ground. I couldn't get it to come free from the step in the tree the few times I've played with it. It fits really tight to the steps (at least my steps).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I agree at this time. I also had a hard time getting the platform to release from the step once it was engaged. I will probably mark the step I want to continually use with the platform. The one thing that keeps going thru my mind is that without a leveling feature, if the perfect tree for a hunt results in u having to set the step with an upward angle at that time would the platform possible disengage, only time will tell while I'm playing with it. Thanks for providing your input on ur practice with it.

I found that perch fit the step better if the step was initially tied on loose, and then the perch was put into place. Then you tighten the step and use the perch for a lever when tightening the step back down.

I found that perch fit the step better if the step was initially tied on loose, and then the perch was put into place. Then you tighten the step and use the perch for a lever when tightening the step back down.
I've had the same experience.

I agree at this time. I also had a hard time getting the platform to release from the step once it was engaged. I will probably mark the step I want to continually use with the platform. The one thing that keeps going thru my mind is that without a leveling feature, if the perfect tree for a hunt results in u having to set the step with an upward angle at that time would the platform possible disengage, only time will tell while I'm playing with it. Thanks for providing your input on ur practice with it.
I found that it didn't matter which step I used. When you tighten the step fully it flexes to fit the tree, not to say that every once in a while it wouldn't cam down perfectly square, I just found that it was the exception not the rule. I figured it was best to put the perch on, and take it off when the step was off the tree, or if it wasn't cammed down tight.

Back