• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge/Perch Platform

Tried the Perch last night for first time in a hunting situation. First impressions, I love it. Rock solid and super light. I leave it snapped into the Wild Edge and set it about 2 ft above my top step. (I use 4 wild edge steps with knaider/swaider). It’s plenty wide enough and roomier than I envisioned. How do you guys pack it in? I’m putting in on the back of my X2 pack and clipping it to the back of the Kestrel for the climb. I set first step from the ground then tuck 3 into the front of the saddle belt. It’s simple but it works.
ca8e2787449c3951bf8a5c70b9237a99.jpg
c981df75978b6ff190309855edf74fd1.jpg
87e101c32154627b995269db0a69f8bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got stepps and perch on the classifieds this weekend and I have the same pack. I will watch this thread with interest. I will start my experimentation with your set up and will post any ideas I have as I play with it. . . . I'm new to saddle hunting . . . and saddlehunter.com though . . . so I'm looking more to learn - but I am excited to give this system a try.

I use the WE bag for the steps and secure the perch to the outside with rubber wire. If I have a longer hike to the tree, I'll strap the bag to my backpack. Otherwise I just hang the bag on my shoulder, so I can start climbing quicker.

Back