• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild edge platform continuos loop between steps.

benny a gregoire jr.

Anybody else put a continuos loop between their steps for a platform? It seemed to work for me.
24f620c847c2fab352a53ef9d4b67b7f.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Interesting... how is the adjustability? Would a setup like this be just for a specific set, or could you use it run-n-gun. Also, how difficult was it to get a Cam over with other steps in the mix?

If you get a chance, a video would be sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting... how is the adjustability? Would a setup like this be just for a specific set, or could you use it run-n-gun. Also, how difficult was it to get a Cam over with other steps in the mix?

If you get a chance, a video would be sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I played with adjustability, by putting extra hitch to shorten. I only tried the 2 steps before kids homework took my attention. It camd tight. I got the idea bc the only tree i have is too big for 6' ropes.

I only run n gun

Ok so after a few trials with 3 steps, it can be done, but it aint perty. 2 steps works a lot better. It also works better on a smaller tree. I believe this is due to the angle of pull towards the tree. If yall still want a video of 2 steps i will do that. 3 is a circus act at ground level. Much less 20ft up.

What is the end game here? I'm intrigued.

Lining up three individual stepps at same level isn't too tough. Four would be, but the fourth I tie on the back of the tree a little higher than the rest. This works well because as you go around tree tether shortens up anyway.

HEY GUYS I DID IT!!! I wasnt satisfied i had to make it work. So i did. Im uploading the video now. I have 3 wild edge steps on the same plane with a rock solid cam.

Here is a closer view of what i have going on.
. I tried to use rope my first time trying not to hack up amsteel if it wasnt going to work. It proved to be more difficult. I finally just used amsteel and it worked a lot smoother.

Back