• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Rope size?

Guff Dawg

Does anyone know what brand and size of rope WE uses to make their tethers and lineman’s ropes? Specifically, I am wanting to add a friction hitch to my tether. I am leaning towards a Distel hitch at this moment. I’m okay with learning new knots as well. Just wanting to eliminate one more piece of metal from my set up. Thanks in advance

I had the same question - checked WEI website, lists tethers and lineman rope as 7/16 inch, which I figure is .4375 inch or 11.11mm.

I had the same question - checked WEI website, lists tethers and lineman rope as 7/16 inch, which I figure is .4375 inch or 11.11mm.
Thank you for the clarification. Any idea of the brand name? I suppose it doesn’t matter, but wanted to be sure I use a properly mated friction hitch rope. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Back