• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild edge step bag size?

AllAroundOutdoors

I’m fixing to make a order for some wild edge steps. Plan on using the 3 step with 5 step aider system. So my question is I want to get a big enough bag to store my aider and ring of steps in. So in every ones opinion what size bag should I get ? I plans on cutting the factory straps off the bag and put a backpack style strap for a cross carry.

I would recommend an 8 stepp bag. You can use promo code MissouriJK for 10% off your order. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a ten step bag with five steps inside. More than enough room, including space for two ameristeps. I am playing with a new method to close the bag. So far I like it a lot.

20190130_124521.jpg

I would recommend an 8 stepp bag. You can use promo code MissouriJK for 10% off your order. Good luck!

Do you know of any other promo codes? there was one for $15 off but its been edited to only select items.

The MissouriJK is my personal promo code I think there is one for G2outdoors, but I’m not sure how much that saves. Depending on what you’re buying 10% will save you more than $15. I know all of the $15 off have been changed to select items only.

If you don’t have experience with wild edge stepps and five step aiders I’m going to reccomend you get more stepps. Sure you can get up to 7 feet off one wild edge step and five step aider but throw a few limbs in there and you will want more stepps. A lot depends on your physical fitness level and experience on aiders but standing in an aider trying to fish a secondary linesmans belt over and around limbs and removing your other one just isn’t much fun while halfway up a five step aider. It’s nice to be able to get 6-7 feet out of each step but I wouldn’t want to have to and with three stepps I would feel like I had to get the most out of each step.

Back