• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Stepp Holster

Nice Molding job, care to share your technique?

I tried two different methods but found the easiest was to just mold it by hand. Basically I zip tied the steps together so they wouldn’t move via the cross member (part we step on). Heated up the kydex in a toaster over at 250 degrees for a few min to make it malleable, then laid the kydex down, stepps on top then used welding gloves to mold it into place. Cut off excess with dremel and used heat gun to fine tune where needed. The more complicated version involved a ratchet, foam, wood blocks and some other stuff. All of which was overkill looking back at the process now.

I have two extra kydex sheets I’m not sure what to do with. Maybe make some holsters for magazine clips or another holster for my sidearm for my backpack or something. Idk. I really like how forgiving kydex is. Mess up, toss it back in the over and start over.

Back