• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Stepps ordered

swampsnyper

Decided to join the wildedge fraternity. With the Cain method and Boyne bowhunters knot being discovered lately, I just got to give them a try as steps and platform.
My 2 goto methods has been lone wolf sticks or woodpecker drill bolts. I don’t like the lone wolf sticks length while attached to my backpack And I usually hunt on the fly so I use a hand drill with the tree bolts. I think the wild edge stepps will be quicker than a hand drill and more packable than sticks.

I just ordered a 3 pack also. I haven’t decided which climbing method I’m going to do yet, so I’m going to play with some WE steps and a LW hand climber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And not having a linemans belt hanging me up while ascending a tree with the Cain’s method! I sure hope I like it. That linemans belt has frustrated me so many times. Especially on trees with low limbs.

Is there a video that I missed or anything about this yet. Seems like it's a inpressive way to climb now with this new knot but I don't know about it besides what I heard on the podcast

Sweet so are people liking how they pack better or are they lighter/faster im just wondering all the recent buzz

From my perspective, I like how they pack together in a relatively small package. I can slip them in a regular backpack and carry them quietly. I also like that they can be used for both climbing and as a platform by installing two or three at hunting height. They are rock solid once placed on the tree and work well as a platform. Using Cain's climbing method I can get about 3.5 feet per step so I can get over 20 feet in 7 steps without any aiders.

Downside, probably a little slower than sticks to install but as with anything that gets better with practice. Weight is slightly more compared to most commercial sticks. My 10 pack with the 8 foot ropes and carry bag weighs in around 13 pounds.

I been looking at them since they were Jim Stepps. But since I was using a lone wolf assault, the bulk of the sticks didn’t matter. So I stayed with sticks. I still was hesitant to buy them once I went to a saddle because putting on 3 sticks only needed 3 straps. A strap for every step wasn’t appealing to me. The Cain’s method really got me thinking.

I ordered an 8 pack. Should get me high enough, have a couple for a platform and pack up nicely.

I ordered a 12 pack, but will most likely climb with my lone wolf steps and use them as a platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a newbie to saddles and Stepps. I can get over 24 feet with 6 steps, my whoopie sling aider and strap on platform. I can be standing on my platform in ten minutes, so probably fifteen minutes in a worst case scenario. I have only practiced on various trees in my yard, but the system packs small and is very quiet. Much better than my climber which I thought was always way too noisy. I can climb straight, crooked and branched trees. The extra time compared to other systems is a no brainer to me. I feel like I will finally have no limits to where I can hunt, which is important in the pressured areas I hand around in. Pete

I've had mine for a while and quickly regretted not getting the 8ft rope. The 6ft is not much to work with on big trees so I ordered some of the Notch dryad cabling to replace a few of the ropes. I haven't done it yet but I seen a video on here to remove the bottom of the bag so the ropes hang out the bottom instead of hanging out the side tending to unzip the bag to far while ascending. Haven't worked with them much but I believe they are going to work great.

Back