• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Steps Question

Spur

I don't mean for this to be anything other than a question. I am curious what timelines folks are seeing to get theirs shipped? I am at almost 10 weeks now waiting. Now it ain't that I am in a huge rush for them since hunting season is a good bit away, however I have crossover coming for my Boy Scouts. Every year our boys lash together a crossover bridge for the cub scouts to cross into the Boy Scouts. I was hoping to have my steps, combined with my mantis, as a way safer way for me to lash up the support beams before the scouts started to lash the platform and steps/ladders/ramps (depending on whatever design they come up with this year). In the past I have been precariously hanging from a tree on an extension ladder while trying to lash up logs. Picture is from 2 years ago.

crossover.jpg

Pretty cool set up! Sounds like a good use of the stepps. I'm assuming you've already contacted Wild Edge about your specific need and asked them about the timeline. What did they say?

Have not contacted them. Figured I would not bother them until it hit 12 weeks (they said 8-12 week wait on their site). Was just curious what timelines others have seen. Worse case, sketchy ladder followed by secure hang in the Mantis. Last years bridge, which I do not have any good pictures of, used the two trees in the foreground which had gotten big enough to lash beams to. There is a third tree not in the picture on the left, and we used an upright log parallel to the one on the right, as the foundation of the bridge last year.

I figure using the steps and saddle will reinforce the need for safety to the boys and may even inspire some to consider hunting as well.

Man I understand being anxious. I've got some saddle hunting stuff on order too (not WE stepps) that hasn't arrived. I'm trying to patiently wait for the backorder time they advertised, but I'm ready for it to arrive. Sounds like you've got a good back up plan. Worst case, contact WE and see what they can do.

Just an FYI! I emailed them and got a response. Hope this helps!
cef1802f7ae5087c718a39d686bfb742.jpg

Funny how we wait patiently all season for the perfect opportunity but when it comes to our gear! Well........ you know!

Funny how we wait patiently all season for the perfect opportunity but when it comes to our gear! Well........ you know!
Yup, Amazon got me spoiled, however in this case I knew I would be waiting, and I am respecting the 8-12 week projected wait. At 12 weeks I should just barely get them before the crossover build. I also do not want to lose a good teaching opportunity for young scouts :)

Not bashing WE ,
Don’t use.
Aren’t they selling at these trade shows they go too.
Shouldn’t they fill orders as it seems guys keep posting there wait times.

I generally found gear starts becoming readly available around may and june. . So not surprised. Primals steps was always june/july. Add to that a lack of cheap steel driving cost up.

Ordered a set of 10 on January 6th. Mine have shipped with an estimated delivery of this Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ouch I ordered 10 and a bag on dec 23rd and still nothing.

Pretty cool set up! Sounds like a good use of the stepps. I'm assuming you've already contacted Wild Edge about your specific need and asked them about the timeline. What did they say?
I don't mean for this to be anything other than a question. I am curious what timelines folks are seeing to get theirs shipped? I am at almost 10 weeks now waiting. Now it ain't that I am in a huge rush for them since hunting season is a good bit away, however I have crossover coming for my Boy Scouts. Every year our boys lash together a crossover bridge for the cub scouts to cross into the Boy Scouts. I was hoping to have my steps, combined with my mantis, as a way safer way for me to lash up the support beams before the scouts started to lash the platform and steps/ladders/ramps (depending on whatever design they come up with this year). In the past I have been precariously hanging from a tree on an extension ladder while trying to lash up logs. Picture is from 2 years ago.

View attachment 10594
Man that makes our bridging ceremony just plain sad!!! Great work!!!

Very cool setup - reminds me of the rope bridge the Scouts used to build over the lake at Freedom Park in Charlotte back in the 70's.

Y'all do what you like, but I'm going to let you know the current Guide to Safe Scouting says "Measures are in place to provide for the safety of everyone at the program site, including observers. Everyone must be belayed or anchored when within 8 feet of an edge where a fall of more than 6 feet could occur. "

I blame the lawyers and insurance companies for ruining everything fun.

Very cool setup - reminds me of the rope bridge the Scouts used to build over the lake at Freedom Park in Charlotte back in the 70's.

Y'all do what you like, but I'm going to let you know the current Guide to Safe Scouting says "Measures are in place to provide for the safety of everyone at the program site, including observers. Everyone must be belayed or anchored when within 8 feet of an edge where a fall of more than 6 feet could occur. "

I blame the lawyers and insurance companies for ruining everything fun.
Yup, takes more work, but we got it covered :)

Back