• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild gun opener here in mi

Boomah21

SH Member
So I get fully setup about an hour and a half before first light (I wanted to give myself enough time as I walked nearly a mile back in then had to put waders on and cross a creek). Anyway I get setup and about 45 mins later I see a flash light so I flash my light at him and I hear him yell out I’m headed that way….uh ok I guess. Well a few steps later and he turns a little and walks maybe 15 yards and sits down turns his light off.

Was a little frustrated after all the work to get back in and get up a tree just to have the guy sit where I expect most the deer to come from but it’s public so whatever.

Anyway right at first light I hear something and get ready…see it’s a buck and had 3 on one side…would of been a pass early season but happy to take him and excited I did. I shoot he runs right at me and dies 15 yards from my tree.

Here is where it gets crazy, all of a sudden I hear the guy running my direction, not sure if he is exited to say nice job or what but again ok. Well he gets within 40 yards and goes “just so you know this is my ground blind (pointing to a pile of sticks) and I’ve hunted it the last 4 years sucker and continues to cuss as he walks off.

Uh *** lol I sit a few hours longer see a couple spikes get down and do the mature thing and cut the nuts off my buck and hang it in his blind…walking back I see he had a fresh bait block out (illegal to bait in mi) so I grab it and throw it in the creek.

Enjoy the hunt and photos
IMG_5902.jpegIMG_5904.jpegIMG_5905.jpegIMG_5906.jpeg

Would normally never do something like that but this guy absolutely went off on me…..hell I could of been a young hunter crazy people

Almost gut the entire deer inside the blind but thought that was pushin it

The nuts generally send the right message.
Would normally never do something like that but this guy absolutely went off on me…..hell I could of been a young hunter crazy people

Almost gut the entire deer inside the blind but thought that was pushin it

Congrats! Hilarious how people act on public. I wonder though if leaving the jewels in his "ground blind" might serve as an attractant? Just for good measure you should swing by in the morning after first light and pick them up. Claim you left them there by accident

Man, that's crazy! Congrats on the deer. You should drop a pin to that spot to the local wardens and tell them if they want an easy baiting ticket to check that spot out since the guy has been hunting (baiting?) there for 4 years and will likely be back, lol.

Man, that's crazy! Congrats on the deer. You should drop a pin to that spot to the local wardens and tell them if they want an easy baiting ticket to check that spot out since the guy has been hunting (baiting?) there for 4 years and will likely be back, lol.
Absolutely not, he might have to explain how the balls off his deer ended up on baiting dudes rabbit trap.

Absolutely not, he might have to explain how the balls off his deer ended up on baiting dudes rabbit trap.
Well, wait a few days, lol. A coyote probably already had a snack so they may not even be there now.

Back