• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Plum?

Hannah Nyitrai

Went on a little scouting excursion yesterday. Found this tree. I'm thinking wild plum. Does anyone know if deer like them? If so, any experience hunting over them? Found a fresh rub as well. Temps are supposed to be coming down this weekend, can't wait to be out again.
2942624a8feb8e03523df3e2aca2bab1.jpg
c6e8972d1f62d1dbd0262dfe0dd6f39e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Fruit looks just like my plums do right now. The leaves look like my hybrid persimmon. Either way deercwill hammer it big time!

X3 on persimmons deer love them pick a tree near by or a trail leading to, you might have to wait until some start dropping if there's some on the ground all ready go for it

Last edited:
Definitely persimmons and deer magnet!!!!!! You need to be set up close to it when they start to fall cause the deer know where it is and when it produces so they will be on it like flies on poop!!! But they won't last long and if the limbs are low enough they will eat them off the tree!!

Last edited:
Definitely persimmons and deer magnet!!!!!! You need to be set up close to it when they start to fall cause the deer know where it is and when it produces so they will be on it like flies on poop!!! But they won't last long and if the limbs are low enough they will eat them off the tree!!
What he said. 100% persimmons.

Fruit looks like persimmons, but leaves aren't right for American persimmons.

Can you get a more up close picture and maybe cut a fruit open?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Went on a little scouting excursion yesterday. Found this tree. I'm thinking wild plum. Does anyone know if deer like them? If so, any experience hunting over them? Found a fresh rub as well. Temps are supposed to be coming down this weekend, can't wait to be out again.
2942624a8feb8e03523df3e2aca2bab1.jpg
c6e8972d1f62d1dbd0262dfe0dd6f39e.jpg

Plum
595f99b63e2b0e3c2199784caad1a58a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Fruit looks like persimmons, but leaves aren't right for American persimmons.

Can you get a more up close picture and maybe cut a fruit open?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Based off the info @denots posted, I'm pretty certain they're plums. I did taste one, it wasn't quite ripe yet so tasted a little bitter.

Back