• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wind Strength

wannabesaddler

I'm hunting public in MN right now. We have 25 mph winds and I am wondering if deer are even moving in this. Anyone have any input?

Same here in LA right now. Yes I've been seeing deer but they're skittish.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We just had a 20° temp drop so I thought they would be moving. Just not the right spot I guess. Good luck!!

I'm hunting public in MN right now. We have 25 mph winds and I am wondering if deer are even moving in this. Anyone have any input?
Stay Safe!

Deer will absolutely move, but will shelter a bit. If you can find a good spot that's a bit sheltered from the wind that's a good start.

I saw the weather coming...and told my wife she should get out and hunt the temp drop since I am away on work this weekend.

Deer will move, but high winds makes them very uneasy to say the least. I've watched bucks get up from there beds on several different occasions under these conditions and then watch them bed down in minutes of getting up. It's also been my approach to be more aggressive on these days in and around bedding areas. You'll be able to use the wind to set up very close or even inside the bedding area...but remain very alert since you'll never hear him approach your location..its the same as hunting during a steady rain...you never hear them coming..
Good luck
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

Back