• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wind walker loc on strap

D.AKINS

Any suggestions for a replacement nylon strap for a WW loc on? I have a couple and they need replaced this season. I thought about a lone wolf setup with a Vera button. What’s your suggestion?

I have been hoarding wind walkers the past few months, I mite have a problem lol, anyways one of them I got from a good memeber on here modified the original strap to a lone wolf strap behind that metal plate, and just used a carabiner to connect the lone wolf strap, it’s simple and works nice, he also put some DIY versa buttons on the bottom of the stand to add a second strap to help with kickout when using a saddle, I will take some pictures tomorrow morning to give you an idea of what he did, it was all done nicely and I’m not going to change a thing, I’m going to do the same thing to a couple more this winter when I’m bored.

Any suggestions for a replacement nylon strap for a WW loc on? I have a couple and they need replaced this season. I thought about a lone wolf setup with a Vera button. What’s your suggestion?
Best solution I've seen is from @WHW whon suggested just routing an ameristep style hook/cam strap though the same orientation as the original, leaving the hook in the same spot as the original. Works great!

Reactions: WHW

On a loc on limit, I use a Lone Wolf strap off a stand. The strap goes between the aluminum plate and the 2 posts with nylon spacers so it doesn't pinch. To join the two lone wolf loops, I use a Petzl oval screw link. You could also use a steel hook you girth hitch on one side, but I prefer the screw link. The strap hooks onto itself and not the posts. The two bolts on the top of the plate keep the stand from sliding off the strap.

Last edited:
Best solution I've seen is from @WHW whon suggested just routing an ameristep style hook/cam strap though the same orientation as the original, leaving the hook in the same spot as the original. Works great!
Works better than the original.
UfTVhfn.jpg

Works better than the original.
UfTVhfn.jpg

This is exactly what I do, but with a Lone Wolf strap (which might be easier to get?). I add a few wraps of Gorilla duct tape on the 90 degree metal edges where the strap might rub over time.

Thanks for the ideas.

Attachments

• 44D90916-771E-4FD6-9F49-301A6F6AE0C6.jpeg
    44D90916-771E-4FD6-9F49-301A6F6AE0C6.jpeg
    740.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 059292BC-6AC5-41BD-ADA3-30CD267F5E97.jpeg
    059292BC-6AC5-41BD-ADA3-30CD267F5E97.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 23
Back