• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WINDWALKER Bow Holder

MNMosquitoAssassin

Thank you to whoever finds himself/herself reading this post. I've been deer hunting for almost 30 years of my life now, and have hunted on private land for most of it, but the past 10 years or so I found myself on public land mostly. At first it was lugging heavy steel equipment around and getting frustrated putting it up and taking it down most of the time that it got left up for a good majority of the season until somebody either stole It or the game warden got a hold of it.
I've only gotten into the aluminum equipment past 5 years or so and what a huge difference it makes. That being said, about 2 years ago I lucked into a windwalker tree stand that was still brand new in the box. I was just looking for something lightweight at the time and didn't really know much about that particular stand, and either did the seller, I got that stand and an older API aluminum stand for 75 bucks together.
I hunted off of that wind walker all last year. I had a very long, adjustable bridge at that time so that I could put the apex of where it hooks to the tether up over to the back of my head and have it across my shoulders so that it was kind of like a harness. I would do this while I was sitting down, and if I got bored, which often happens I would stand up flip around and adjust it so that I was hunting facing the tree.
Towards the end of the last season I ended up selling the windwalker, and I got into the platform craze. I now own multiple platforms...
But I came into another windwalker this year with the backpack included. I can't believe they stopped making these. I know they have a tendency to kick out if you don't set them correctly, but if you put an OCB strap across the bottom they are rock solid.
I probably will use this as my mode of hunting more often than not but is there anyone out there that is using one has any tips for a bow holder? Seems like one that is removable is probably the way to go, otherwise they'll be sticking off to the side and won't fit back into the backpack... Any ideas?

I have some photos on here somewhere. I’m trying to dig them up

Any idea who makes a threaded bow holder like that? I've only seen the ones that have a mounting bracket that the end slides into and you tighten it down...?

Thank you for the idea... I had one earlier this year that stuck up about 6 in or so from the stand but the part you slip your bow into wasn't tight enough and made my bow point down at about a 45° angle, might have been even more. There was nowhere to really put it on my stand besides immediately next to me which took away the option of which side of the stand to climb up on because it was in the way... It was called the bow buddy.

No I found a bit same size as rod. Wish that was more helpful

Back