• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Windwalker

Sticknstring88

I’ve been thinking about picking up a Windwalker for sets where a I feel like a stand will work better. I’ve noticed that they don’t have and teeth or anything that really bites into the tree. How secure are they on the tree? Are kick outs a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i used a locon limit for years when young and dumb...had it stolen....bought another one used a few years ago for too much....no kick outs ever

if you put them on decent trees and then step carefully, you'll be fine

with as many stick and stand kick outs i hear of, with never experiencing these, i must be doing something right or just being really cautious about the trees i setup in

i used a locon limit for years when young and dumb...had it stolen....bought another one used a few years ago for too much....no kick outs ever

if you put them on decent trees and then step carefully, you'll be fine

with as many stick and stand kick outs i hear of, with never experiencing these, i must be doing something right or just being really cautious about the trees i setup in
I hunted off of one for a bunch pf years too and never had a kick out or even thought it might happen. Hung right they were always really solid for me. That said I was hunting back to the tree then though. I cant imagine there would be many situations where you would need to put much side pressure on one anyway.

I hunted off of one for a bunch pf years too and never had a kick out or even thought it might happen. Hung right they were always really solid for me. That said I was hunting back to the tree then though. I cant imagine there would be many situations where you would need to put much side pressure on one anyway.

yeah, not sure how they'd do as a pseudo saddle stand

if i were worried, i'd consider some very small diameter bolts sticking out of the end of the V where it touches the tree

Back