• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Women vs Saddle Hunting

Kenbama

My wife asked me a reasonable question I could not answer. She wants to know how many women are on the forum that saddle hunt? Since women have more trouble with their hips can the saddle still be made comfortable. She can’t try my saddle we have totally different body types.

Interesting!
My wife gets on here on my login and reads up on info. I suppose she could make her own account. I should have my saddle in the next few days and she will be trying it out
If she likes it, which I’m sure she will, we will order her one .
There are some women on here though.
Let’s see who responds to your message
Good luck ! Get her hunting !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there are a few women on here, that can give some insight. I know my wife wants to start saddle hunting and finds my sitdrag comfortable, but she struggles with finding a climbing method that works for her. She has a genetic disorder that went undiagnosed for so long that her lower back and hips are always in pain, so climbing is hard. If we can pin down a method for her she will be all in

I know there are a few women on here, that can give some insight. I know my wife wants to start saddle hunting and finds my sitdrag comfortable, but she struggles with finding a climbing method that works for her. She has a genetic disorder that went undiagnosed for so long that her lower back and hips are always in pain, so climbing is hard. If we can pin down a method for her she will be all in
My wife can climb a set of full length stick without any aids. I assist getting them to hunting location. Hip pinch could be her major issue, I do not know. If she can transition to a saddle then I would not have to tote a Lock On.

I just had my first 2 1/2 hour sit this morning. I can relate with a little hip pinch but not bad. Having a pivot platform is nice because you can stand all the way up and take all the pressure off if needed. There are so many different options for how to position yourself. I think I'm going to love it. For me the independence of doing my own set up is great. My husband never felt comfortable with me hanging my own stand but after seeing how safe a saddle can be he's turned me loose. All that being said I am in decent shape and wonder if it might be harder if I wasn't.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

thumbnail.jpg

Here's a little trick I use to eliminate hip pinch. Add Two prussics to your tether and carabiners. Run your lineman's rope through both carabiners and connect to your bridge loops on each side. Tighten your linemans rope until you have equal weight on your bridge and linemans rope. It takes a little fiddling but this is helpful to me. This is how I will set up for long sits.

Seems to me that the jx3 would eliminate any ladies possible pinch. Somewhat heavier than a fabric saddle but I think they would like it.

View attachment 15968

Here's a little trick I use to eliminate hip pinch. Add Two prussics to your tether and carabiners. Run your lineman's rope through both carabiners and connect to your bridge loops on each side. Tighten your linemans rope until you have equal weight on your bridge and linemans rope. It takes a little fiddling but this is helpful to me. This is how I will set up for long sits.
Never saw this set up before. Looks like it would help. I may do a diy saddle and let her try it.

Never saw this set up before. Looks like it would help. I may do a diy saddle and let her try it.

This all but eliminates hip pinch for me. It does add a little resistance if you want to pivot you hips, but I don't mind that at all.

View attachment 15968

GENIOUS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back