• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Woven daisy chain.

Please help us! I’m having same problem. The loop i need is almost always just barely too tight and the next loop is too loose.

You can try twisting it to get to the right loop. It will work, just ok. I fought with my inner weight weenie and I am sticking with the cam strap buckle. It is just too simple and reliable. I sold all of the daisy chain straps I had

I twisted like chubby checker and i couldn’t get it tight enough. The platform worked with it but not to my liking.

I twisted like chubby checker and i couldn’t get it tight enough. The platform worked with it but not to my liking.
That was my experience too. I am guilty of going down the rabbit hole on some of this stuff when the original product didn't really need fixing! If you can find a lighter cam strap, it will help. The one that comes with the Tethrd Predator is about the lightest one out there.

I run a daisy chain on the Ridge Runner as well and it takes some getting use to for sure but haven't a tree that I didn't get it to lock down tight, granted I did have to mess with it for a bit. I guess it depends on if a guy is willing to sacrifice some potential noise for speed as I think the cam strap is a little quicker and less fuss that twisting a daisy chain but the chain is less likely to bang. I may run the cam strap this week and see if its worth it to me.

I run a daisy chain on the Ridge Runner as well and it takes some getting use to for sure but haven't a tree that I didn't get it to lock down tight, granted I did have to mess with it for a bit. I guess it depends on if a guy is willing to sacrifice some potential noise for speed as I think the cam strap is a little quicker and less fuss that twisting a daisy chain but the chain is less likely to bang. I may run the cam strap this week and see if its worth it to me.
That's my main reason for wanting to use a daisy chain, to reduce the noise. I've had the cam strap slip, fall and swing into my climbing sticks making the loudest metallic clang.

So it looks like the daisy chain webbing is a no go on the ridge runner. I was really hoping it would work as i hate the cam buckle. I fight with it trying to get it tight on tree. Any help would be appreciated

Cut a Piece of old bicycle inner tube to put around the cam buckle. I’m going to play with a woopie sling on my RR and see how I like it.

Cut a Piece of old bicycle inner tube to put around the cam buckle. I’m going to play with a woopie sling on my RR and see how I like
I will try that. Now on the whoopie sling thats where it like a slip knot on the other end right. Let me know how that works for ya

I wonder if you could put a versa button on the ridge runner so it would be easier to cam down. I'm assuming probably not as it wouldnt lock down properly. Just my thoughts

Back