• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WTB: 2 sticks or Stepps or platform. (Solution Found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gicts

On the hunt for an economical but reliable platform - looks like re purposing my climbing stand isn't going to work.

Stepps are out of stock. Silent Approach reviews seem to be hit or miss. Predator has an 8 week lead time ... I'm picking the wrong time of year to get in on this sport :)

Hunting public land, so climbers are a no go.

I was planning on using an aider to get up.

Last edited:
Think primals are in stock in 4 packs. 3 with 5 step aider can get you about 20’ and set your fourth for a ring of steps at the level of the top step. If there in stock still this may be your best bet to get a system quick.

I use primals. Bought one to try as a platform and then bought 4 more. Never used WE before. I’m sure their nice but I have no problems with the primals. I’d recommend the rope mod though. Had a lot of trouble with my brothers set over the weekend. Ended up unwrapping the straps so they just pull from cross bar and that fixed it but I don’t know if I trust that strap not wrapped.

I'm following now - get the steps not sticks. That would be a great, budget friendly setup.

Lmao I've already dropped enough this Fall on a new bow and arrows and a rock climbing harness and tether and sit-drag plus upgrades and permits and heaven knows what else!

Yup. I’m all about packability and don’t like sticks catching things on the walk in. The steps strap to the outside bottom of my pack and the aider on the side. Wear my harness in and it’s minutes to get up to hunting height. Sticks are fast but with the 5step aider and steps I think I’m a touch faster then I was with sticks. Plus for 20-30$ to get four steps and you can see if you’ll even like them before committing more money for the WE. You’ll always be able to get rid of the primals and besides WE are out of stock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back