• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WTB: API or other DoubleSteps

ChurchAl

Looking to pick up some double steps on a budget. I need 5 of them to finish a project - PM me with what you have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beast sticks double steps $10 Each on there Site.
Fits 1” post

Thanks for the tip. I’ve looked at these and the double bolt setup is problematic for the sticks I’m working on right now. If I can’t find any budget doublesteps I will probably go this route.

Just a heads up that API uses 5/16 fasteners I believe instead of the standard 1/4 you see most other places so if your standoffs don’t accept that size you may be out of luck. That said, API sticks do feature a channel which will allow the step to fit securely on 1” so you could use 1/4 fastener and just know you’re adding some addition shear stress to the fastener since the API step has a larger through hole. I used one this way for a short time with no issues but be aware.

Just a heads up that API uses 5/16 fasteners I believe instead of the standard 1/4 you see most other places so if your standoffs don’t accept that size you may be out of luck. That said, API sticks do feature a channel which will allow the step to fit securely on 1” so you could use 1/4 fastener and just know you’re adding some addition shear stress to the fastener since the API step has a larger through hole. I used one this way for a short time with no issues but be aware.

Thanks for the tip!

Bump - Still looking! Open to buying the full sticks too.

Back