• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WTB Saddle pref Tethrd Mantis size M

TyT10

Hello SH’s. Been a member on ArcheryTalk for awhile and just joined here. I have officially gone down the saddle hunting rabbit hole. Bought an XOP Renegade as a fall back plan, but now that I know saddle hunting is the way to go I’m looking for something more functional. If anyone has a Tethrd Mantis size M to get rid of I would be interested. Possibly other saddles as well. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a large mantis. And from experience if you’re anyway borderlined it’s better to go bigger. It also has the upgraded bridge

I’m think that might be too big. have a size 32 waste.

Buy the large. My waist is 30-32 and I have a large, I'm one of the few guys who NEVER had problems with hip pinch in the Mantis.

Buy the large. My waist is 30-32 and I have a large, I'm one of the few guys who NEVER had problems with hip pinch in the Mantis.

Thanks for the input. That’s one thing I’m worried about. I already have not so good hips for being slightly under 40. From my hangs in the XOP I can already tell it will be a problem.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. That’s one thing I’m worried about. I already have not so good hops for being slightly under 40. From my hangs in the COP I can already tell it will be a problem.

Keep your tether low, about nipple height or slightly higher.

Thanks for the responses. I ended up getting a Phantom. Hope it was the right decision.

Thanks for the responses. I ended up getting a Phantom. Hope it was the right decision.

Good to know. Was real worried about hip pinch. Just decided to get it over with and start out with a good experience. Deer are moving in SW MO now. Ready to get it and get up.

Back