• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WTB Wild Edge Steps

Jebster

Hi, new to Saddlehunting and the site. Having shot from my saddle for the first time I think two or even three of the Wild Edge Steps would work well. Need the support from the sides of the tree.

What are you climbing with? If sticks out your last stick at platform level. A) no need to step up. 3 stock whatever sticks and an aider and you at 14-15 feet without stretching. Then with the platform to the left of the top stick it gives you one heck of a strong side shot base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would highly recommend three stepps. One set in the center and the other two set slightly higher (3-4") and to the sides. That's the most comfortable option of everything that I have tried! Although I will use The Perch for hunting using the SRT climbing method.

Yeah. What he said. I was assuming the use of a platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Start with the stepps
End up with the ridge runner from Out On A Limb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome by the way
Feel free to message me with any questions
Plenty of helpers here

First of all, thanks a ton - you guys are great.

I gotta get with the acronyms, SRT? (Don’t answer that I’ll look for it!)

DRT is cheaper and fun way to start
Let the googling commence

First of all, thanks a ton - you guys are great.

I gotta get with the acronyms, SRT? (Don’t answer that I’ll look for it!)
Single rope technique
Double rope technique
Idk what your planning with the steps? Using them as platform? Me personally wouldn’t do that they aren’t that comfortable to be standing on long term. I’d go with some sort of platform I run predator from Tethrd love it. But I have 5 we steps and kaider swaider that I prob would let go. I can get easy 20’ with 4 and my platform with the fifth on back side of platform for foot hold.

I've tried a ROS, a The Perch, the top of my sticks, and the three-on-the-tree Wild Edge stepp setup. Personally, the Wild Edge step setup is most comfortable. I will say that you really need to try to see what works for you! I've already spent more money than, well, never mind... Lol!

Single rope technique
Double rope technique
Idk what your planning with the steps? Using them as platform? Me personally wouldn’t do that they aren’t that comfortable to be standing on long term. I’d go with some sort of platform I run predator from Tethrd love it. But I have 5 we steps and kaider swaider that I prob would let go. I can get easy 20’ with 4 and my platform with the fifth on back side of platform for foot hold.
We steps sold k&s sold

I have an entire set of wilde edge steps for sale including bag.. I think I've got about 12 of them.. full disclosure. 3 or 4 are the nock offs that have been upgraded with original WE ropes.
Only one of these has ever been outside. Put one on a tree at my front door to see how they work but never stepped on it.
If someone was interested, I would count up what I have and we could come up with a price, or trade. I would trade for platform or climbing sticks.

BigJim

PM sent have some WE steps with holster and knaider and swaider if your interested

Wild edge steps were my first climbing system I purchased after switching to the saddle. I think when purchased as a climbing method and platform they are one of the better bargains out there. That said there is no way I’m using them as a platform and not climbing with them. Every tree is different as far as how to get the steps as tight as possible. If climbing with the steps if they shift a little it’s no big deal but when using them as a platform a small shift when first set up is a really loose mess half way into a hunt. When climbing with them you have figured out how tight you can set them up on that particular tree by the time you get to the platform.

Back