• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WTB Woven Webbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetoofew

I am trying to get a hold of 50 or so feet of the Woven Webbing like what Dutchware and @DanO have listed as out of stock on their sites.

Is anyone willing to dig into their stash to help a brotha out?

Just received the last box of it from Dutchware. I'll have more on the site soon and will start shipping on Monday. There's a bunch to go through and package so can't put it all up at once - will be putting it up in batches over the next couple weeks. Dutchware is working on a new supplier but could be a couple months before more becomes available.

Just received the last box of it from Dutchware. I'll have more on the site soon and will start shipping on Monday. There's a bunch to go through and package so can't put it all up at once - will be putting it up in batches over the next couple weeks. Dutchware is working on a new supplier but could be a couple months before more becomes available.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! I would really like to get my hands on some of this!

I was looking at this, but I think the color is a deal killer for me. Is anyone else making dyneema daisy chains?
Yeah, I bought it for my hammock. Dutchware has the same thing but in purple I think. So obviously, its made in different colors. We just need to find the name of the manufacture. Dutchware and hammock gear call them something different but its the same thing.

Yeah, I bought it for my hammock. Dutchware has the same thing but in purple I think. So obviously, its made in different colors. We just need to find the name of the manufacture. Dutchware and hammock gear call them something different but its the same thing.
Dutchware's is blue/black.

Just checked the mail and my hammock strap came in. This is the hammockgear.com green Dyneema daisy chain next to dutchwaregear.com black woven daisy chain.
The woven daisy chain has about 1/4inch larger loops and the material seems twice as thick. About like a normal 1in ratchet strap webbing. It has one larger woven section the size of 2 of the dyneema’s woven sections.
The dyneema its very thin and reminds me of a ribbon material in size and feel. It is super light and flexible.

463b437c3a548f1cb6b1d7d2e6ab7efa.jpg

5f507474e8a392192b1e6f5b67f63d19.jpg

8108a44eb116fd92da0b550d3c441b93.jpg

That stuff looks pretty sweet! I think one heavy duty sharpie could go pretty far on the flouresent green.

So get this, I just realized that Dutchware is within biking distance of my house. I sent them a message and even though they don’t have a proper store front they invited me over to have a look at the operation. I think I will take them up on it early next week. Small world!

Just checked the mail and my hammock strap came in. This is the hammockgear.com green Dyneema daisy chain next to dutchwaregear.com black woven daisy chain.
The woven daisy chain has about 1/4inch larger loops and the material seems twice as thick. About like a normal 1in ratchet strap webbing. It has one larger woven section the size of 2 of the dyneema’s woven sections.
The dyneema its very thin and reminds me of a ribbon material in size and feel. It is super light and flexible.

463b437c3a548f1cb6b1d7d2e6ab7efa.jpg

5f507474e8a392192b1e6f5b67f63d19.jpg

8108a44eb116fd92da0b550d3c441b93.jpg
I know the woven is rated around 5,000 lbs. What does the dyneema rate at?

So does that mean roughly a 150lb working load? That’s about the same as 7/64 amsteel isn’t it?

Got my webbing last week. Thanks @DanO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back