• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WTT Medium Mantis for Large

Status
Not open for further replies.

BustinLungz82

Looking to trade saddle for saddle. Not for sale. It just doesnt fit me like my buddies Large does. Would possibly sell if i can find a Large to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m new to saddle hunting, and have a medium mantis on order. I’m curious what your height / weight is that you feel the need to order a large. I currently have a medium on order, but I’m on the edge of a large. Not quite sure what to do. You’re info may help quite a bit.

5’6 135 lbs. I sat in my buddies large tonight. Was way more comfortable in it.

Wow.. I didn’t expect that. I’m 5’9” 210 I best size up to the large. Great info, much appreciated!

Can
5’6 135 lbs. I sat in my buddies large tonight. Was way more comfortable in it.

Can you describe exactly what ways the large was more comfortable? In other words, what issues are you having with the medium that the large fixes? I'm contemplating switching from Medium to large as well so I'm curious. What I'd like to have is a seat that is slightly wider from front to back (waist belt to where the leg straps are sewn on basically) and I'm not even sure there is a difference between medium and large....

I had a medium on order but after reading a few different threads, I emailed them and got it switched to a large. It was very early in the ordering process, but very easy to have them switch it.

How far into the ordering process were you, and did they give you any issues? Will it increase your lead time?

I ordered mine early December and changed it maybe 6 days after. So I’m not concerned about the lead time because I’m not planning on getting it before the end of my season anyways. If I do, great!

They didn’t give me any issues at all. Very easy to deal with. I want to say they emailed me back the same day I emailed them.

Also, for what it’s worth I’m 6’3” 180 and live in south central Wisconsin. 33 waist. From what I’ve read, it’s nice to have a little extra room instead of having it so tight. Especially when you may be wearing some extra layers late season.

That’s for the info. My wife ordered mine a few weeks ago as a Christmas present. My jeans are a 32” waist, and I’m 5’8” approx 210 lbs. I live in Northwest PA, and the seasons can be somewhat mild to damn cold and snowy. I guess my biggest issue is I’m overly anxious to try the saddle and give it a full exhaustive review. I really, really want to love it.. without ever wearing a saddle will I know immediately that it’s a figment issue, or will I confuse myself with it being an overall comfort issue with saddles in general. I would hate to go back thru the extended lead time process again and delay the evaluation process.

I hear ya. This is my first saddle too. So I’m looking forward to really liking it because I hate carrying my bulky lone wolf into the woods. IMO from what I’ve read, it’ll likely fit just fine. And if you find that in the later seasons you want a larger size, there are plenty of guys on here that will likely trade straight up if needed. Or if needed, you can sell yours for the 200 you have into it, and buy a large one on here for 200 to avoid the lead time process.

Seems like some pop up on here every so often and guys are just looking to get out what hey have in them. Due to wanting a kite or kestrel or something.

I am 5'9" and 175lbs. Ordered a Medium and it was my first ever saddle. It was comfortable enough that I was able to do an all day sit. However, I also kept reading about the Large being more comfortable so I did a climber trade for a Large and compared. I wouldn't say there was a huge change, but it was enough that I was glad I did it. The Large had a bit more material that cupped my butt a little more for sitting. It didn't seem to make as big a difference while leaning.

Thats my issue also. I may just finish my season with the medium and put one on order. I have buddies that have large and xl. The xl is too big in the waist belt. I can fit the large with my cold weather clothes better and i fine it was more comfortable. The medium may be better for the early season.

Thats my issue also. I may just finish my season with the medium and put one on order. I have buddies that have large and xl. The xl is too big in the waist belt. I can fit the large with my cold weather clothes better and i fine it was more comfortable. The medium may be better for the early season.

What were the actual differences between the medium and the large? I'm trying to find out if the seat is larger in both directions? I'd like my medium to be wider from front to back but not sure that I want the bridge and lineman's loops further around in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back