• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Xop platform revisit

kenn1320

Well in light of the recent xop platform failures, I decided to go back to my amsteel support. I originally used this in the beginning, but eliminated it when others were having success with xop seats. Using the xop post gives me angle adjustments easily as shown in these pics of a leaning tree. The xop post has several advantages, this is yet another.

Are you still camming over the platform but maybe just not creating as much tension as the single LW strap that I use? That's a nice leveling feature built into that post!

Maybe some of the failures are due to stress from camming over as my set up uses top strap as primary weight load(cam that over, super solid). I cam over platform with amsteel and Jim stepp knot. I cam it pretty tight, but only enough to eliminate any movement when I side load it.

Just weighed this on certified scale. Comes in at 5.98lbs as shown with shoulder straps. I could probably cut down the stick a bit and remove some weight, but would give up the functionality of it being a chassis to carry my sticks and gear that I strap to it.

Back