• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Yard sale finds

Micneador

SH Member
Let me start out with this, I have a problem.

Skimmed a few yard sales the past week or so, picked up another bear black bear for a warf at the inflated price of $10, More than likely will build it up for an ILF longbow build and use the whitetail II I snagged this summer to build an ILF Recurve as a gift to a friend.

Yesterday I found an old Ben Pearson couger 64" 50# @ 28". Sticker said $2. SOLD lol. Got a flemish twist string ordered for it as well as new shelf pads and string silencers. This traditional thing is worse than saddle hunting or duck hunting! :sweatsmile:

No way is it worse. How long did it take you to spend 20 bucks?
You can spend 100s in a few minutes on saddle gear!
But I still have to buy plates for both warfs, limbs for both warfs, arrows for all three. Arrows and limbs will be the highest cost. I just bought a damn predator platform too. It never ends. :D

I picked up a Ben Pearson Cougar for $30 and thought I was going good! Nice finds
Come to find, my current Franken bow set up has the same AMO as the couger. Slapped the string on the couger and shot some full length 500 spine arrows through it. Shoots well. I like it. Once I get it decked out I'll see if I even want to hunt with it.

But I still have to buy plates for both warfs, limbs for both warfs, arrows for all three. Arrows and limbs will be the highest cost. I just bought a damn predator platform too. It never ends. :D

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

I heard that one alot growing up.

Back