• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Yes!!!!!!! First Bird in a long time

Keenan1561

Glad to know I can still do it
18dfc763eba4ac5e1f89507d95753979.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I grew up in the Southern Tier of NY. 30 min South of Watkins Glen. Moved to Boston for 10 years, moved back.

Got to my blind a little late. Saw 6 deer on the way down to my blind. I hunt on a North facing Ridge. Sun didn't hit the Ridge till about 6. Gave a couple loud yelps on my mouth call. He answered right back. He was excited. He was about 100 yards away. He and a hen immediately started coming towards me to the right. The more calls I make the more fired up he gets. Over the course of 10 mins he went from 100 on my right to 25 dead center. I waited for him to clear a group of trees and took the shot.
I forgot how loud and excited they get. We had the wood ringing talking to each other.

@Keenan1561 my grandfather and uncle had a hunting club in Monterey, NY about 45 mins west of Watkins glen. They just had to sell it after 30 + years because of the ever rising property taxes. I never got to hunt up there because I wasn’t into hunting growing up. We’d always visit in the summers and ride four wheelers and fish in the ponds. It was great time and I hate I missed it. I may plan a trip to come up and bow hunt some of the forest land some day.

Congrats on the gobbler!

@Keenan1561 my grandfather and uncle had a hunting club in Monterey, NY about 45 mins west of Watkins glen. They just had to sell it after 30 + years because of the ever rising property taxes. I never got to hunt up there because I wasn’t into hunting growing up. We’d always visit in the summers and ride four wheelers and fish in the ponds. It was great time and I hate I missed it. I may plan a trip to come up and bow hunt some of the forest land some day.

Congrats on the gobbler!
You should Def come down. Come down and hunt in Robert Treman and Buttermilk Falls State Parks. Both parks are bow only. They are both in a Deer Management Focus area due to population. I hunt in the parks. There is never a day I don't see a deer. The farm I hunt gun season is right down the road. I saw 6 this morning. The parks are easy to get too and easy to set up sticks and a saddle. You can apply and get free extra permits that allow you to take up to two does per day. The parks also have a special season during the month of Jan. You cna even camp in the park. The middle of Oct the leaves change it an unbelievable time to be in the woods.

Hey keenan ive got a camp in stueben county 15 miles outside of Bath . I’ll be up turkey huntin this wk end. And i got one today a jake but its been a tough yr here in ma. Freezing cold with lots of wind. But todsy we having thanksgiving dinna a bit ealry

Hey keenan ive got a camp in stueben county 15 miles outside of Bath . I’ll be up turkey huntin this wk end. And i got one today a jake but its been a tough yr here in ma. Freezing cold with lots of wind. But todsy we having thanksgiving dinna a bit ealry
The weather has been horrible here too. This weekend is the first time it's really going to get warm and sunny. I can't believe it snowed last weekend. The farm on hunt on had snow earlier this week. All the produce farms have had to cover crops. At my farm they're starting to plant today. They've had to transfer seedings to 5 gallon buckets, keep the green house heated, etc.

Growing up my family hunted a big dairy farm in Steuben County (Caton). Old school barter for hunting and fire wood. Wood split 50/50 with the farmer, we cut, split, hauled and staked every weekend in the summer. We helped with just about every chore imaginable. Learned how to use a clutch on an old farm truck at 10. Lots of good times. Lots of big deer.

Outstanding! Congrats, my man.

I was stationed in Saratoga for bit and rambled all over up there. NY is a damn beautiful state. Y’all should give the city to Jersey with about a 30 mile buffer.

Back