• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Youth crossbow

Gator

SH Member
I used to have a Parker crossbow that had an adjustable length of pull stock that was great for kids to hunt with during archery season. My son is turning 5 soon and I've started looking for a similar setup. Anybody have any recommendations as my very limited searching hasn't turned up anything thus far?

I taught my kids on a Barnett Recruit XP. It was still a little long for them at that age, but on a rest they were still good to go.

Barnett Recruit XP Crossbow Package, Compact Crossbow with 2 Arrows & 3 Dot Sight, Ideal for Hunting & Training for All Ages & Capabilities https://a.co/d/2IbZ7oH
Tapped on this thread to post the same link. Just bought. Recruit XP for my 7YO daughter and for me in ground blind. Can’t recommend it enough, though my experience with crossbows is limited. Customer service is outstanding too so far. Quiver isn’t my favorite and as far as crossbows nowadays it’s not the fastest but it’s plenty fast enough to make me get some nasty mechanicals and have confidence in cold blooded lethality out to 30 yds for myself, 20 for my daughter. light enough to lug around all day and the trigger is crisp as hell. My daughter’s hand is a little small for it still but she’s working on a no-thumb grip and just safety and target acquisition and such right now. She’s comfortable with it in a shooting stick and an eye patch so she can get clear sight picture. It’s a 98% win for us. We’ll hopefully see how it treats a deer in about 2 weeks.

Back