• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Zoleo $50 off on Camofire today

Westdesign03

SH Member
Nov 3, 2019
Ohio
I’m curious to know how well this device works. I had the bivy stick for a year or two and it pretty much sucked IMO. Their plans are ridiculously priced for what you get too.

Just_Hangin_N_GA

SH Member
Aug 23, 2022
Guyton, Georgia
The one thing I am not clear on is if you can navigate with this device, It would be nice to use it with maps in case I get lost and can back track.
Anyone know for sure if that is possible?

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
Sep 11, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
My garmin does but it’s way less useful than a map on your phone. But in a pinch…… only issue is you’ll have to be running a track all the time & that’s gonna be mean on battery. I track with my garmin watch & then have to charge every other day but the battery is so small it’s easy to manage. But I’m not trying to load you up with a bunch of new gear.

BTaylor

SH Member
Oct 23, 2019
Central Arkansas
I’m curious to know how well this device works. I had the bivy stick for a year or two and it pretty much sucked IMO. Their plans are ridiculously priced for what you get too.
I have had mine for a few seasons now and it has worked flawlessly for texting the wife or buddies when in no service areas. I am fairly frequently in areas with no or very little service.

ricky racer

Aug 8, 2016
Niles/Buchanan, MI
I used a Zoleo this last summer on a bike trip out west. I had to use the SOS feature but fortunately it wasn't me that needed help. I made a post about it in the following link, posts #10 & 12.

Reactions: katiesmom

Westdesign03

SH Member
Nov 3, 2019
Ohio
I have had mine for a few seasons now and it has worked flawlessly for texting the wife or buddies when in no service areas. I am fairly frequently in areas with no or very little service.
Glad it works well for you. It was hit or miss for me with the texting for whatever reason. I could never get the map and features in the app to work right either. Don’t know.

BTaylor

SH Member
Oct 23, 2019
Central Arkansas
Glad it works well for you. It was hit or miss for me with the texting for whatever reason. I could never get the map and features in the app to work right either. Don’t know.
You talking about the zoleo or the other thing you mentioned? If there are maps with zoleo, I didnt know it. I just have it for texting and sos.