• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aero Bag

Boudreaux

Vendor Rep
For those of you who have the Evolution or the Aerohunter, do use use the bag that it came in? If so what for?

I use mine to carry my platform with, so just wondering if you guys use them and what for. What would you like to see? Keep the bag? Different Material? Larger? Smaller?

Thanks,
Boswell

I don't use the Evo bag. In my opinion it is too big and the material is too loud.

I don't care to have a bag that the saddle can fit in. But a multi-pocket pouch like the tree saddle pouch or a fleece dump pouch would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold my bag when I had to buy the smaller size 1 after ordering a size 2 by mistake. When I stood the size 2, I gave the bag to the buyer.
I agree that a pouch or a couple pouches similar to the tree saddle would be handy. Definitely need to be of a more quiet material than the current bag.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I ended up making a couple pouches for the few items I need on my saddle. I never bought the bag.

I think a selection of pouches made of quiet material with a quiet closure would be a good addition to their inventory.

I do not use mine either, too noisy. I throw my aero in a daypack with all my other gear and sticks strap to it as well. One bag and a bow and I am good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Material is too noisy...like the saddle. My son uses it to hold legos and cars.

Yes, the material is too noisy. If there was a more quiet bag I would also love to see it mount on the aero similar to the tree saddle bag for holding the linemans belt and tree rope. I love having 1 bag on my saddle to store these things so I can always throw my saddle on and know that I have what I need. I have made it work but the current aero hunter is not particularly friendly to mounting a bag on it for this.

I use it and am in the minority here, but maybe it's because I'm the new saddle hunter. I carry my step platform and tether and line mans belt on the way in. I stuff my linemens belt in it while I hunt and leave it strapped to my saddle.
It's not any noisier than the leaves I crunch getting to the tree and I think in 5-6 hunts I've heard it "crinkle".
Maybe the bag is the reason why I haven't shot a deer

I also use it to store my saddle in between hunts stored in a scent proof container

This is the pouch I made. Fits a tree strap or a petzl ascension and grigri2. Cinch top. Pretty quiet. Ha e climbed but never hunted with it. Attached with pals webbing.

7c455a925426624c67d7e684da7adb0a.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449068759762.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 58
  • uploadfromtaptalk1449068791929.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 58
I love having bags on my saddle - I was surprised that new tribe took away the mollee type attachment on the sides where I ran my bags -
ab7bdc4354cfa90544f78e71528d1065.jpg

I love these bags - they're the perfect size. I keep my linemans belt and tree rope on the right and my ratchet strap with ameristeps on the left. I know I have everything I need when I'm walking to the stand..... I'd love to see the new saddle have the molle straps that the aero hunter had - I'm still using my aero with the evolution upgrade.

I store my platform in mine. I made a separate babe the same size out of fleece and put it on the outside of the Aero bag. I then put some fleece on the inside o fit as well. I thin I posted some pics of it on here last year. With that said; I needed up attaching a shoulder strap to it as I hate the extra weight pulling my saddle down when I walk

Back