• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Breath Cleansing?

Tom Karrow

Any strategies? It would seem obvious that breath is likely the #1 source of odor.. how do you deal with this?

Also, does anyone have any data on scent retention rates? How long scents last on surfaces?
Tom

I am old school. I am using Banking Soda for almost all scent control. I was using control freak but notist my pits still stunk. (I stink more than most...) when I use baking soda in the shower, no stink! Put a little baking soda in your hand and get your tooth brush bristles wet, dab and brush! Not minty fresh but even better, no scent at all!

It is cheap! And if you forget it at home, you can get it from the gas station! Not much better in my opinion.

I use the scentlok headcover also. I have some ddw breath spray but it tastes like watered down scope. I have used baking soda to brush my teeth but they get sensitive by the end of the season like it’s too abrasive.

Lol! Got to breath through your pores! You gonna have plenty time to engulf all the air you need after the shot! Hahahaha

Haha. I thought your "keeping your moth shut" comment above was in reference to the commen about wives, hence my reply about being as smart as you. Looking at it again it coul be taken as being a smart a** which wasn' my intent.

Now, I have never tried to make out with a deer but I don’t think it matters what your mouth smells like.

Brush with baking soda, eat an apple or two and I use Nose Jammer on my balaclava...

Back