• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dear NewTribe, Why...

Jordan

Did anyone else get 2/3 really nice single hand twist gate carabiners with their Kestrel and the 3rd (mine came on the lineman’s Rope) was a much cheaper two handed version that requires a twist and a pull to open?? Really frustrating not sure why this is. I really like the system so far as a new saddle hunter just wish these Biners could have all been the same and also wish they would disclaim that even though you choose a solid color order (I chose Grey) that you still get the horribly ugly off brand Walmart-ish camo on the entire inside of the saddle and the back pad, just my thoughts.

~Hoyt Satori & Buffalo-Vortex Optics-Sitka Gear-Aero Hunter Kestrel~

They were held up waiting on the fusion carabiners. That’s probably it. I’d put that odd carabiner on the bridge.

Do you really care that the inside is Camo?

They were held up waiting on the fusion carabiners. That’s probably it. I’d put that odd carabiner on the bridge.

Okay good point, I’ll do that. It’s not a huge deal but when I pay $360 for anything I usually like it to be exactly what I ordered, maybe I’m just weird :)

I got 4 biners. Two are one type and the other two, another... not sure why 4 were included actually.
T

Okay good point, I’ll do that. It’s not a huge deal but when I pay $360 for anything I usually like it to be exactly what I ordered, maybe I’m just weird :)

New Tribe is a great company. If you are unhappy with something, give them a call and talk to them about it. They will at least hear you out.

What was the fourth one attached to? The other side of your lineman's belt?
I am not sure... I was too excited to finally get the saddle and started fiddling with things! I usually run a biner on both sides of my belt anyway.

I agree with red and Dave, new tribe did everything they could to accommodate me when I called trying to get a status on my Kestrel. You should definitely call or email, they were very responsive both ways for me.

Did anyone else get 2/3 really nice single hand twist gate carabiners with their Kestrel and the 3rd (mine came on the lineman’s Rope) was a much cheaper two handed version that requires a twist and a pull to open?? ~

sounds like a double locking biner (also heard them called triple locking due to needing 3 motions to open), it can be opened with one hand but it takes practice, you can use tension on the line you taking it off of to act as a second hand, or your body to push against to open if it is on your harness. Used by arborist only in my climbing/rescue experience. I thought they were being over cautious until I saw a auto-(single)locking biner (twist & open style) get wedged between me and the tree and the tree twisted and opened the carabiner in one motion. I was rec climbing and sliding down and thru a fork in a tree at the time, after that, double locking only for tree climbing for me. Don't know who manufactured it but it is likely a more expensive carabiner due to the locking mechanism.

Play with it while you watch tv, you'll be able to open it one handed no problem soon, or put it on your bridge at you wont have to mess with it at the tree.

http://www.wesspur.com/carabiners/auto-locking-carabiners.html

Did anyone else get 2/3 really nice single hand twist gate carabiners with their Kestrel and the 3rd (mine came on the lineman’s Rope) was a much cheaper two handed version that requires a twist and a pull to open?? Really frustrating not sure why this is. I really like the system so far as a new saddle hunter just wish these Biners could have all been the same and also wish they would disclaim that even though you choose a solid color order (I chose Grey) that you still get the horribly ugly off brand Walmart-ish camo on the entire inside of the saddle and the back pad, just my thoughts.

I think I got a twist lock with mine I would trade you for the one you don't like. I just have to find it.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think I got a twist lock with mine I would trade you for the one you don't like. I just have to find it.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Let me know if you do find it, I’d be happy to trade.
Thanks!

My first question would be did you contact them first? If not, then I would do that before posting on a public site (just my opinion). I think you will find them very responsive - they have been to me when I asked things.

They have been very responsive, I’m not complaining about that at all. But they claimed they didn’t have enough to make them all match so they had to throw the 1 fusion biner in..

The fusion Biner is the one odd ball I got, not a fan. I like the SMC as they can be operated with one hand vs two.. just my opinion

Back