• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ditch the Ropeman

Nice diy ya got there! Looks like my LB RM1 will be on the shelf with the one from my tether.
Thx for sharing.

Where did you find the bushing?
Any big box store should have them. @onestringer posted a video last week where he used the same tender. He posted pictures of the actual nylon bushings/spacers that he used from Hillman.

Edit: Found pics - 1 x 1/2 x 3/8 Nylon Spacers H# 880449 and 3/4 x 1/2 x 38 Nylon Spacers (no part # visible).

Last edited:
I'm very intrigued by this. I saw another similar post that only used paracord with two loops tied in it. Do you think the nylon bushing makes it easier?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 8.34.58 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 8.34.58 AM.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 466
Any big box store should have them. @onestringer posted a video last week where he used the same tender. He posted pictures of the actual nylon bushings/spacers that he used from Hillman.

Edit: Found pics - 1 x 1/2 x 3/8 Nylon Spacers H# 880449 and 3/4 x 1/2 x 38 Nylon Spacers (no part # visible).

Yes. I got the idea from his video.
I just figured I’d put it out there specially for others to see.
I’m leaning into the rope in The video. It’s a lineman’s rope so it should never see a full load on it, but it handles the leaning load just fine.
I plan to try it on my main tether as well

Last edited:
What diameter lines are you using, and can you do another video after you've loaded that friction hitch good to simulate hunting conditions?

Just experimented hanging full body weight from the trusses in my garage, bounced around in the saddle a few times for good measure, and the little 75 cent nylon spacer worked perfectly.

Main rope is 8mm static climbing rope, 5mm prussik cord, 1/2 x 3/8 spacer

Glad I never purchased a Ropeman to actually ditch, but I see this as being superior in every way.

Looks promising - another version of a prussik tender.

My problem with prussiks was after they got soaking wet in a rainstorm they would not slide easily again. Maybe it was the ropes I use, but it was a huge pain and led me to the ropeman which I love. Can you do a test where you soak your ropes and report back?

This cost me less than $1
1/2” ID nylon bushing and a small loop of paracord
Try that with a distel hitch and see if there is any difference. I went from the prussik with no tender to a rope man 1 and then back to a prussik with a tender, and now I use a distel hitch with a tender and find that to be the best. Let me know what you think, but I like your thinking on that tender!

I just clipped an extra carabiner to the one that is on my lineman’s belt and then clip that to the rope and as I pull the tag end and it tends to prussik for me.

You guys are over-complicating it.
3afdab23e8de5932f4337f66a9c14e5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back