• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is there a backpack out that makes carrying sticks easier

barlow96

SH Member
Ok, I haven’t gotten my saddle yet. But I am thinking what is going to be the easiest way to tote my sticks. Backpack wise I have a badlands treestand pack but not sure that will do the trick to tote the sticks somewhat comfortable. When stand hunting it’s easy to strap then to the stand. I use 3 muddys with webbing steps added. So any have a better way.

Search Mystery Ranch pop up 28 there is a thread on here about them. I finally pulled the trigger on one. They are getting tougher to find.

Yes, I attach my sticks to my backpack using nite ize gear ties. I typically use 3 cut-down hawk helium sticks and I don’t like stacking and unstacking them in the woods so I attach one stick to each side of my pack (like where the water bottle pouch is) and the third stick in the middle. I had to sew on some webbing loops to attach the gear ties to. I think they transport very well this way as most of their weight is close to your back.

Only drawback is that when carrying my bow at my side, the cam or limb can ping against a stick if I’m not careful. Not as much of a prob with short sticks, though.

strap them to your pack not hard to do at all with a little creativity. In these two videos I show my fleece packs and how I used paracord to carry sticks. I don't go through it, but you can give these on thi where they just do not move. Another option would be to sew on some lashing straps.

Any backpack with at least 2 lashing straps across the front will work. The shorter the sticks, the better they pack. Same as what everyone above has said.

Yea I have used the side straps and pockets for water bottle to carry a stick before and it works. Just have to figure out how to mount the 3rd stick. It maybe easier to do when I have my platform as well.

The first video is a good idea and I can engineer something similar on my pack I have a bet.

Currently game plan gear stand back or full rut. Also have an old Horn hunter non-typical coming hopefully I'm psyched to try.

2018-08-24 11.22.32.jpg2018-08-24 11.22.53.jpg2018-08-24 11.23.46.jpg

I thinking any pack with 3 lashing straps across the back should work. Badlands makes the super day maybe the smallest of the packs to have it.

E

Explain a little please. What is that a sleeve of some short.

I was being a smart@$$ sorry... its my modified bag for the jim stepps.

I have yet to find a way to carry sticks that makes me want to use them more than the stepps. I do like the look of that first pack with the folding wings though. It's close...

I just picked up a newer badlands superday used off archery talk. It has 3 compression straps on back for rifle and bow carry. I think it will do the trick. I will update it when I get my hands on it for some testing.

Back