• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kinda sux

ImThere

I have hurt my shoulder and cannot draw my bow. I shot about 20 arrows the other day then switched to broad heads just to shoot once or twice. I drew my bow back it felt literally like two bones rubbing together. I don't know what it did but it sux to lift my arm above my head right now. I can do it but don't like the feeling and seems to be getting better. So I will be opening season with a crossbow. Dirty secret: I like it. Lol.

a1ec9e5164754bc9db431763bec92f1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have hurt my shoulder and cannot draw my bow. I shot about 20 arrows the other day then switched to broad heads just to shoot once or twice. I drew my bow back it felt literally like two bones rubbing together. I don't know what it did but it sux to lift my arm above my head right now. I can do it but don't like the feeling and seems to be getting better. So I will be opening season with a crossbow. Dirty secret I like it. Lol.

So you got it all sighted in and ready to go? Glad it worked out for ya bro!! You gonna meet us in the morning or go straight in?

Wow... I heard that can happen.... had thumb on the rail?

I actually got approached to be in a class action suit against the crossbow manufacturer. Apparently the crossbow didn't have the appropriate safeguards and a lot of people got injured. Many lost their thumbs.

First time I shot a crossbow.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Hah... Around aught 11 I recieved my dads hand-me-down barnett crossbow. It had no grip or hand guard to prevent you from putting your thumb over the rail... so naturally that's where my thumb went. First shot I made I thought I broke my thumb. It was numb for like an hour. That sucked. Ended up selling that crossbow a few months later and buying a compound.

Hah... Around aught 11 I recieved my dads hand-me-down barnett crossbow. It had no grip or hand guard to prevent you from putting your thumb over the rail... so naturally that's where my thumb went. First shot I made I thought I broke my thumb. It was numb for like an hour. That sucked. Ended up selling that crossbow a few months later and buying a compound.

YIKES! I think Barnett was the company getting sued. I didn't join the suit because I had no desire to attack a sporting goods company for my own stupidity!

So you got it all sighted in and ready to go? Glad it worked out for ya bro!! You gonna meet us in the morning or go straight in?

I shot it several times in the dark. I wouldn't call it sighted in. But it shoots well and isn't as loud as Masons was. It's light. I'm undecided on how tomorrow is going to go. If I can find the third spot we scouted last Saturday I think I will go there. I wish I had a gps or something my phone has absolutely no service there.

I have hurt my shoulder and cannot draw my bow. I shot about 20 arrows the other day then switched to broad heads just to shoot once or twice. I drew my bow back it felt literally like two bones rubbing together. I don't know what it did but it sux to lift my arm above my head right now. I can do it but don't like the feeling and seems to be getting better. So I will be opening season with a crossbow. Dirty secret: I like it. Lol.

Bummer! But as long as you are happy in the woods! I have a crossbow all set up to go too. I have shoulder problems (2 surgeries) and I will not let them keep me out of the woods. I haven't had any issues but I am ready to go in a heartbeat if something pops up.

Yup. I have a rotar cuff problem. The old shoulder loves to grind. So I have to use a crossbow.. Yup you can lose a finger if your not careful and you can shoot yourself in the foot ... I have heard of that. I am sure climbing a tree is just as dangerous. I am thankful for my crossbow because I could not hunt without it.

Well, G2, I'll add that image to my list of reasons why I don't like crossbows! :eek: That must have stung a little, eh?

I had a SLAP tear repaired about 6 years ago and was issued a crossbow license. I used it for a couple of seasons and really hated it. I didn't like that it was always cocked, and it was really front heavy and very wide in the front so it seemed like it was always awkward

I had a tenpoint that had a really nice finger guard with an extra button on the forearm that had to be pushed in order to shoot. I figured if I had to use it, I wanted it to be as safe as possible. As soon as my shoulder was strong enough, I went back to my compound and sold the crossbow.

the license was a lifetime license however and if I ever wanted to use on again I could.

Back