• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Klemz platform Craigslist listings

I’m looking into these klemz platforms but they look to small for my boot( size 13). I have used the xop in the past it worked well but was looking to trim some weight. From the looks of it the top link has the newer style seat with the v bracket casting. Will this work the same as other Klemz platforms? Also I’m guessing since it’s the xop platforms I’m not losing much weight if any since the minus one batwing on the bottom but also the lone wolf seat is bigger because of the v casting? Am I seeing this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those seats aren't what guys typically use for the klemz platform, but you could always cut up the base. I could be wrong about those seats though

This listing in Michigan is the old lonewolf guys are after. Notice the straight grids in the casting. I wouldn't buy it though without requesting a pic of the seat without the pad.
He added that v-bracket...possibly just to make it easier to hang, but he may have changed the seat or something. I can see the teeth on one side of it, but would still want a better picture of it.
https://swmi.craigslist.org/spo/d/2-1-2-sets-of-summit-tree/6420529459.html

Those seats aren't what guys typically use for the klemz platform, but you could always cut up the base. I could be wrong about those seats though

This listing in Michigan is the old lonewolf guys are after. Notice the straight grids in the casting. I wouldn't buy it though without requesting a pic of the seat without the pad.
He added that v-bracket...possibly just to make it easier to hang, but he may have changed the seat or something. I can see the teeth on one side of it, but would still want a better picture of it.
https://swmi.craigslist.org/spo/d/2-1-2-sets-of-summit-tree/6420529459.html
Yeah, I bought this one 2 weeks ago...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

How well do the klemz platform work with getting 360 shooting with larger boot sizes

How well do the klemz platform work with getting 360 shooting with larger boot sizes

d4ee81c12bf576be0b0c5569adf25aeb.jpg
It’s definitely tight. I tried mine last week with my heavy winter pack boots and there wasn’t a lot of real estate.

I only have a pic of my one boot on it as I was using it to illustrate to my wife why I would need more gear updates.

d4ee81c12bf576be0b0c5569adf25aeb.jpg
It’s definitely tight. I tried mine last week with my heavy winter pack boots and there wasn’t a lot of real estate.

I only have a pic of my one boot on it as I was using it to illustrate to my wife why I would need more gear updates.

That is an interesting pic but it sure does not look like the original LW stand seat used to make a Klemz stand. I have no problem getting 360 shooting from my Klemz platform.

That is an interesting pic but it sure does not look like the original LW stand seat used to make a Klemz stand. I have no problem getting 360 shooting from my Klemz platform.
It's a slightly different seat. It has the same square footage as the other seat though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's a slightly different seat. It has the same square footage as the other seat though.

Yes sir. Just wanted to ensure folks realized that there is a difference. These seats will require a bracket on bottom. The original lone wolf seat has a "bracket" already molded in and that is what makes it so effective and simple. It literally is just like setting a lone wolf stand and every bit as solid once set. If I had to use the seat above, I would opt for just using the current lone wolf seat as it only weight a tad more but gives better foot room.... either way you will need to add the tree bracket at top and bottom of stick with this design.

Yes sir. Just wanted to ensure folks realized that there is a difference. These seats will require a bracket on bottom. The original lone wolf seat has a "bracket" already molded in and that is what makes it so effective and simple. It literally is just like setting a lone wolf stand and every bit as solid once set. If I had to use the seat above, I would opt for just using the current lone wolf seat as it only weight a tad more but gives better foot room.... either way you will need to add the tree bracket at top and bottom of stick with this design.
I used one without a bracket but it required drilling a second hole.

The teeth on this version of seat are definitely smaller but at least in my limited testing they work.

5af9a938436a4124c89c1cb3a0fdfe32.jpg
7d1ee23e2de653326e7f8efb62408d05.jpg
f65aaf007353b85029e97843225c343f.jpg

Ok that pic looks different and yes it should work. I would still hold out for an original but that has the right mechanics to work. First pic it looked like it didn't contact tree

It’s what I refer to as the 2nd gen of the LW seats. There’s only 1 bracket at the top. Bottom is secured by the teeth on the platform.

Back