• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude Carbon Sticks - Saddle Attachment Method?

Everydayhunter

Just preordered the Latitude Carbon SS sticks. At that price point and the features, I couldn’t justify waiting 10-12 weeks on the timber ninjas I was looking into.
https://www.latitudeoutdoors.com/products/carbon-fiber-climbing-sticks
My only concern is how I am going to attach the sticks to my saddle when I ascend. I currently hang my hawk sticks with a loop of paracord onto a kydex molle clip. Not sure how I’m going to attach these sticks without them interfering with the flat stacking feature.
Anyone have any suggestions? Obviously these aren’t out yet to put hands on, but if anyone had any thoughts, I would appreciate it

Couldn't you still girth hitch ( or similar) around the attachment point? It shows enough room for the supplied cordage. Just utilize the other side

Leave the Paracord loops on your saddle, and make them big enough that you can pass one end of the sticks through. That's what I did two seasons ago with my beast sticks and what I plan to do with these ones (if I end up sticking with them after they arrive). No need for the kydex clips either, just takes a few more seconds when deploying them to take em out of the loops

Use a continuous loop amsteel and girth hitch it to the right side of the stick where the circle is… I would go with a smaller length of continuous loop, so you don’t have the stick swinging around a bunch while climbing from longer cordage. 65B09EC5-2160-498A-BC1F-81C40DE5891E.jpeg

Leave the Paracord loops on your saddle, and make them big enough that you can pass one end of the sticks through. That's what I did two seasons ago with my beast sticks and what I plan to do with these ones (if I end up sticking with them after they arrive). No need for the kydex clips either, just takes a few more seconds when deploying them to take em out of the loops

I use a thin bungee cord actually (I said paracord in OP, my bad) and I think that material would work well since you can stretch the loop attached to the saddle to fit the top stick through.
I think I like this solution mainly because it doesn’t add anything to the stick itself. I’ll already have aiders attached to them, so minimizing any more cordage hanging off is nice.

Thank you all for your input. I had kind of an oh crap moment after I ordered these and started thinking about everything else.

I use a thin bungee cord actually (I said paracord in OP, my bad) and I think that material would work well since you can stretch the loop attached to the saddle to fit the top stick through.
I think I like this solution mainly because it doesn’t add anything to the stick itself. I’ll already have aiders attached to them, so minimizing any more cordage hanging off is nice.

i might switch to the same bungee cord, thats a good idea and i have a bit lying around somewhere...

what’s also nice about the bungee cord is that while you are climbing with sticks hanging from your saddle, the bungee “gives” a little as your moving and the sticks don’t move around as much as they do with paracord. I’ve tried both materials and the bungee is far superior, albeit a little less durable.

Yeah kinda getting worried when they start pushing back at 30 day intervals. That pretty standard SOP PR response when the truth is “We don’t know”

Yeah kinda getting worried when they start pushing back at 30 day intervals. That pretty standard SOP PR response when the truth is “We don’t know”

It’s not just Latitude…Every manufacturer is still suffering from Supply Chain issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 2045 they'll still be blaming supply chain issues on COVID. They over state what they can do, probably because the suppliers over state their capabilities. It's not a supply chain issue, it's people being full of it that gets passed down the chain

In 2045 they'll still be blaming supply chain issues on COVID. They over state what they can do, probably because the suppliers over state their capabilities. It's not a supply chain issue, it's people being full of it that gets passed down the chain

It’s so much deeper than that. The U.S. has screwed ourselves by over regulating mining of Al, Cu, Fe, Zn, and many other raw materials. That coupled with the embargo on Al with Russia (mines 10% of the worlds Al), the Tarriffs with China (which I support) has brought the hardware industry to a crawl. Orders for simple nuts, and bolts are taking 6-8 moths to fill. I’m not talking about the packages you see at Home Depot. I’m talking about shipping container loads. I deal with a big Switchgear manufacturer, I buy 3-4 million $ worth from them a yr, and they still can’t get a simple lighting panel on the job in less than 6 months because they have 500,000 cover screws on back order from there suppliers at any given time. Prior to 2020 I could get the same panel board in 14 days. It’s a damn mess.

It’s so much deeper than that. The U.S. has screwed ourselves by over regulating mining of Al, Cu, Fe, Zn, and many other raw materials. That coupled with the embargo on Al with Russia (mines 10% of the worlds Al), the Tarriffs with China (which I support) has brought the hardware industry to a crawl. Orders for simple nuts, and bolts are taking 6-8 moths to fill. I’m not talking about the packages you see at Home Depot. I’m talking about shipping container loads. I deal with a big Switchgear manufacturer, I buy 3-4 million $ worth from them a yr, and they still can’t get a simple lighting panel on the job in less than 6 months because they have 500,000 cover screws on back order from there suppliers at any given time. Prior to 2020 I could get the same panel board in 14 days. It’s a damn mess.

I don't doubt you one bit. I still believe it's people promising it'll be done when it won't, or they wouldn't launch their product. I doubt they want to deal with delays to the consumer, that'd be idiotic. Some one or several some ones weren't honest about timing. You could be right about why they missed the mark, but they did and they weren't honest about it

Back