• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LIVE from New Tribe!!

Boudreaux

Vendor Rep
I am in Grants Pass, Oregon at New Tribe headquarters. Out here to work on a user video to go along the side of the owners manual that comes with the saddle. So while I am here for the next few days I thought I would open it up to you guys to see if there is anything you wanted to see? Or any questions that you wanted me to ask them while I am here? Anything you guys can think of? If you will let me know I will get a picture of it or try and get an answer for you.

Thanks,
Boswell

Not so much for your video. But I'd be curious to know if there are any plans for maybe a super light model with all of the new features the evolution has? Not that the evolution is heavy, but many of us are always looking for something better/lighter and more compact. I'm wanting to get a new saddle, but would hate to buy one and then find out there is an even lighter version on the drawing board. Thanks for all your work and videos, you do a great job explaining the features and benefits, the video will be a nice addition to the written instructions.

Bowhunter0_0 said:
Not so much for your video. But I'd be curious to know if there are any plans for maybe a super light model with all of the new features the evolution has? Not that the evolution is heavy, but many of us are always looking for something better/lighter and more compact. I'm wanting to get a new saddle, but would hate to buy one and then find out there is an even lighter version on the drawing board. Thanks for all your work and videos, you do a great job explaining the features and benefits, the video will be a nice addition to the written instructions.

Yep... was about to say the exact same thing :p

I'd be interested in a super light AND trim model. John Eberheart's rig just gives me goose pimples :mrgreen:

Hi Boswell,

Looking forward to the video I would like to see how to adjust the saddle for the most comfort and which of the adjustments make the most difference in comfort. I would also like to see the different bridge and tree rope adjustments and how they effect the way the hunter sits in the Aero Hunter. I would also like to see the different platform choices.

Thanks, Roger

Going to receive my aero hunter this Friday. Pretty much anything addressing comfort and adjustability would be top priority for me. Also, if someone has a tip or trick regarding on the fly adjustments of the Blake's hitch. While I love my new tribe trees trap once I've set my hitch that's pretty much where it's going to stay. So any advice on how to easily adjust after you've set it would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boswell,

I have 3 suggestions for improvements if you can relay them to New Tribe. PM me if you want more details.

1. The adjustment straps for the leg straps seem to be way longer than they need to be. They could probably trim these down significantly.
2. I would like to see the waist cinch strap a little bit longer. My saddle fits me perfectly, and in early season there is no problem. Now that I am wearing more clothing I have barely any strap left to cinch the buckle down, although the saddle still fits me perfectly.
3. This is my biggest suggestion. I would like to see the linemans side D's moved further forward on the saddle. Early season the position is not too bad, but again as my clothing starts to bulk up, the D's are now pretty far around the side of my hips. I have a hard time getting the carabiner onto the D due it being so far back. If the D's were further forward (similar to the tree saddle) it would eliminate this problem. (I'm not sure if it is possible to move them though due to the design of the saddle.)
*EDITED TO ADD* 4. It might be nice if you had buckles on the leg straps so that you could clip them in after putting it on. Again, early season is easy but its a little harder to get in when the clothing bulks up.

That is awesome that you are out there! Hope you are having fun and tell everyone at New Tribe I say hi!

-Scott

WHat I would like to see is a future light weight Minimalist version. While the aerohunter and evolution are really comfortable they are getting to the point of being too heavy to walk in (1=2 miles usually) while wearing and they really have lost the ability to be folded up small to put in a pack. If there was a way to get a sling style (that is a little smaller width wise then the original trophyline saddle) and lose all the buckeles and paws that would be great. Think of a swing in the park. Add some sort of waist straip to tighten to waist. Use strap hoops to be able to use a lineman's belt. Add in loops so we can use our own bridge sustems (web strap, rope, etc with cabineers). I woul also like to see a strap to go around the tree that has one small webbing loop on it. That way we can attach a small rope. web strap to use with a prussic or assendar to attach to our bridge. If done properly this thing could get down to less than 2 pounds for the saddle and another pound for the tree strap. Best of all, it would compress into a very small bundelt that would easily go into a pack and not take up all the room. Yes- some comfort might be lost but I don't use a saddle to be comfortable (although I can adjust the rope/bridge and sit all day in my saddle easily).

The last thing we need is someone to take up the platform and take it to the next level. I am sorry but a ratchet and strap on steps is not ideal when setting up neear beds, most of cannot use screw in steps and we don't want to carry a ton of weight into the woods. SOmeone surly can build a better mousetrap? It would need to be rock solid (steps do not move, sway or slip down) and easy to attach.

I know this is a lot, and I know there are safety conrcerns and limitations a manufacture must stay within...... but it would be so nice to have something like John Eberhart is using with a few more things (waist strap and linemans belt connection)

I guess I'm in the minority here on the weight. I wear my saddle walking in and for me it's a non issue. But then again I was carrying 25 lbs of stand and sticks in last year so it seems pretty light now. I think the evolution provides a level of comfort that I would prefer over something lighter.
I would love to see them work on some platform options tho! And what about some bow/gear hangers that hook over the tree rope for us public land guys? Now we're really brainstorming lol!

I don't use a New Tribe saddle, so I really can't offer any ideas, but just wanted to say have fun in Oregon! It's cool that the company is looking for feedback from it's users.

I'm with Woods89 I'm used to carrying in way more weight than the saddle and some tree steps and for me comfort and the ability to stay on stand longer is king, perhaps they could offer a minamilist version as well for those who want a lighter version. Also great input from RS you can tell he's spent lots of time in the saddle and his suggestions should help all of us and I was wondering about the saddle with cold weather clothing.

Roger

Trust me - if you want to do a backpack hunt and would like to set up on an elk wallow four miles back in the mountains you will condiser every ounce.

I typically hunt whitetails two miles back and I often have to wade a small stream and or cattail march - so when you add clothes, days worth of gear/food/water, climbing sticks, hip waders, etc.... it starts to add up pretty quickly. So perhaps a minimaist version can be offered in addition to the regular saddle. The current Evolution model with platform, lineman's belt and tree strap is only 1.5 pounds lighter then my LW Assualt (original model) and safety belt. I don't inlcude my sticks at I need them either way.

I love mine as is. I have a walkabout upgraded to aerohunter. The only improvement I would like would be fast adjusting buckles. the leg and back support buckles are difficult to adjust.

Whispers Death said:
I love mine as is. I have a walkabout upgraded to aerohunter. The only improvement I would like would be fast adjusting buckles. the leg and back support buckles are difficult to adjust.

Yes, I have a similar though. It would be nice to have quick connect buckles on the front of the leg straps.

I would like to be able to change clothes while in my saddle.....add rain gear, take off put on clothes as needed. I think the buckle on the leg straps would help !

A longer main strap would be great - mine also fits fine during summer but in the heart of winter it gets close to being too small! Also some leg buckles would be awesome. I'd like to see some pictures of the facility - inside and outside!!!

Looking at the website it lists shipping weight on the evolution only to be 4lbs, so I assume the saddle has to be less than that. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any comfort to drop 1/2 pound, but being a little lighter and more compact never hurts.

The only thing I would change is that if a quieter component could be used in place of the climb paws, that would be nice. However, as it stands, they can be covered to prevent noise, so no big deal.

Boswell, I've only had my Aerohunter for a short time and don't feel I have enough experience to suggest changes, but I like the idea of an instructional video to go along with the owners manual. Will this be something that is supplied with each saddle? Will it be available for download or viewing on the New Tribe web site for people who already own a saddle? Thanks, Mike

Put me on the lightweight list and the noise list for future changes.
And if NewTribe could get a standardized platform they could offer, it would be a major benefit and selling point for the system.

As for videos...many people have a hard time getting comfortable so that is always important or they will give up.
Tips on hanging and organizing your gear while walking in, while climbing and after you are in the tree AND climbing back down are of course always good.
I know you have done these in the past, but having the main information consolidated also advances the system.

Hey guys been pretty busy the past few days and a little under the weather as well. Going to sit down with them tomorrow and go through the thread and address the questions that were asked on here!

Thanks,
Boswell

Hi Boswell,

Sorry to hear your not feeling well I hope you feel better. I know other people have mentioned in other threads that they would like to see other camo patterns maybe ASAT or a couple different patterns? The only other thing I can think of is maybe add a middle size for those that fall between the size 1 and size 2.

Thanks, Roger

Back