• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for public land bow hanger ideas

Chistavocat

I know this topic has been visited and I think I've read about everything I could find. With that said, with the frequency you guys change gear I'm hoping to see some new and improved methods of hanging gear on public land (no screw ins). My biggest problem is I like to have my bow off of the tree. I can make a daisy chain strap for all other gear but looking for the best option for my bow. I really like this but I'm not sure how much it weighs. The function looks perfect but it looks a little bulky.

Found the product on Lancaster Archery that I've been using:
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/gv-strap-n-bow-holder.html

Anyhow, I'm looking for some other options from the gear gurus here.

Thanks. Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use trad so i usually have a limb handy.... If not then a loop of string works for me. I don't care for anything i have to negotiate around if a deer comes in.

Last edited:
I've been using the HME strap on bow hanger. The only thing I don't like is having to use the rachet for the strap. I tried with regular buckle, but couldn't get it tight enough. I just put my hand over it to muffle the sound.

ff97eeb81d1f56355838667c4ac648a3.jpg

Some of this stuff looks like you are moving into the tree permanently :)

You could hang it off of your pack but I like my pack on my right and bow on left.
I'm so lazy, I just hang my bow off the stopper knot on my tether.

I've been using the HME strap on bow hanger. The only thing I don't like is having to use the rachet for the strap. I tried with regular buckle, but couldn't get it tight enough. I just put my hand over it to muffle the sound.

Perhaps an over center buckle could be used to replace the ratchet?

Perhaps an over center buckle could be used to replace the ratchet?
I have a nice diy bow hanger that I made that I'll post when I find the photo.

I find that a simple cam strap is more than enough for a bow hanger.

Red you have all the cool crap. Share!!!!!! Dang it man. Keeping us on the edge of the chair waiting for the "Red mother load" of cool stuff no saddler can live with out!!!

Red you have all the cool crap. Share!!!!!! Dang it man. Keeping us on the edge of the chair waiting for the "Red mother load" of cool stuff no saddler can live with out!!!

Nothing new. This photo has been posted on here a million times. I have it saved on my laptop I take to work so I can post it quick, but I'm not digging that computer out right now lol.

Qlipter on your daisy chain

Thats my go too!!

I know this topic has been visited and I think I've read about everything I could find. With that said, with the frequency you guys change gear I'm hoping to see some new and improved methods of hanging gear on public land (no screw ins). My biggest problem is I like to have my bow off of the tree. I can make a daisy chain strap for all other gear but looking for the best option for my bow. I really like this but I'm not sure how much it weighs. The function looks perfect but it looks a little bulky

Thanks. Chris

You should check out @g2outdoors gear bow hanger. I made one myself and say hands down it has been the best thing so far. A daisy chain style with some shock cord and hooks. A qliptor for your bow and a few carabiners for pack and other gear. It packs down pocket size, easy to put up, and holds everything very nicely with no sliding down the tree.

Thats my go too!!

You should check out @g2outdoors gear bow hanger. I made one myself and say hands down it has been the best thing so far. A daisy chain style with some shock cord and hooks. A qliptor for your bow and a few carabiners for pack and other gear. It packs down pocket size, easy to put up, and holds everything very nicely with no sliding down the tree.
I agree. That's one of the few things I haven't changed since I started using it. Like most of you, I'm a tinkerer and usually can't leave my gear alone.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Only three options I can really think of would be the "cam-it" bowhanger, the wildedge bowhanger and by the far neatest would be outright hunting products MORPH.

http://www.wildedgeinc.com/store/p27/Wild_Edge_Inc._SteppHanger_.html

Thanks,
Boswell

I like the cam it bow holder. Any idea what it weighs?

For those using the qlipter how do you keep it from swiveling and how far off the tree is your bow while hanging on it. It looks very compact. I just don't like my bow rubbing on the tree in the wind all day and with my single pin slider site you can't adjust yardage without taking the bow off of the hook. Less movement if you can range and adjust site without holding the bow.

Thank you everyone for the replies and ideas.

Some of this stuff looks like you are moving into the tree permanently :)

You could hang it off of your pack but I like my pack on my right and bow on left.
I'm so lazy, I just hang my bow off the stopper knot on my tether.

I hooked it off a cranford rope step last year and in case I knocked it off I hooked it to my tether too. This year I will do the same except I intend to use a daisy chain with plastic hooks from hawk outdoors to attach bow and pack to.

The daisy chain can be used as a second linemans belt too Note
I have a cross bow

I know this topic has been visited and I think I've read about everything I could find. With that said, with the frequency you guys change gear I'm hoping to see some new and improved methods of hanging gear on public land (no screw ins). My biggest problem is I like to have my bow off of the tree. I can make a daisy chain strap for all other gear but looking for the best option for my bow. I really like this but I'm not sure how much it weighs. The function looks perfect but it looks a little bulky.
Thanks. Chris

Here's my gear hanger with a pic to explain what myself and @g2outdoors are using!!

IMG_4241.JPG

I saw this at lowes while looking at hardware options. Looks like you can bend the aluminum hook , it swivels, it's light and has a belt clip on the back that could hook onto a strap. $8 at lowes - $5 online at Walmart/jet/Home Depot

f823be589f2e8166ef10fad45299d452.jpg

Going to look into adding an extension to a Amerastep or cranford rope-on.

Last edited:
This year (newbie saddler) I'm going to use a hammock strap, cinch it and use my backpack to keep it tight. Then hang my now with either the drill clip or Qlipter

Back