• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking to make the jump to saddle hunting.

Tyler malone

Looking to get some advice on saddle hunting. It’s totally new to me I have watched some videos that’s about it. Don’t want to break the bank tho on a saddle. What is everybody’s opinion on the best saddle for the money? And is there a way to test one out before purchasing one?i currently use a assault lone wolf and lone wolf sticks. The sticks are awesome but the stand is to heavy when I hunt public land and walk back a ways. And also anyone have any experience self filming out of a saddle ? Please and advise will help. Thanks

Welcome to the site. Your in the right spot to find the answers your seeking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your half way there having a climbing method. Check the map and see if you close to someone and see if they can meet you to try a saddle out.

For some reason it want let me. It’s saying google want open link! Wonder why?

You will probably have to view it on a desktop. Or, you can let @g2outdoors know your city/state and he can add you to it.

Best way in is a Kestrel... it’s a bit pricey, but it is ridiculously comfortable, super safe, and there is nothing for you to have to try to figure out a diy for. If you happen to decide you don’t want to use it, they are worth as much used as new so you don’t have to worry about wasting money.

I personally use, and have been a HEAVY proponent of, diy Sit & Drags. They are super light and I find them comfortable. But, they are good for leaning and not sitting, also they are a bit of a DIY project. Also, it is a bit of a personal risk since the sit & Drag isn’t made to use above ground level.

Also, WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!

And welcome to the addiction.

Welcome! I was hesitant at first because of the cost so I started out in a sit drag and will more than likely buy a kestrel but I definitely wish I would have started sooner because it has changed my hunting completely!

Welcome, agreed on kestrel for 1st saddle. You can be all in at under $400 for a kit & a pair of ropeman1s. You already got sticks figured out. If you decided it’s not for you, it will resell fine (try doing that with a stand). I’m not knocking any sit drag or diy routes, just probably wouldn’t start there with kestrel available (a lot less to figure out initially) my 2 cents

If I wanted to go the sit and drag way to start off does anyone have one for sale that is already has mods on it?

Welcome aboard.

I got my Kestrel this year. From the limited time in it. It is comfortable. I stopped hunting from a tree when I had a fall. I promised my wife and myself that I would not get back in a tree unless I did so being totally safe.

Nice video G2. Any problems you ran into self filming with a saddle? I’m going to Be filming every time I go out and was just going to see if you ran into any problems. I will be using a G20 camcorder and a fourth arrow arm. And one GoPro.

Nice video G2. Any problems you ran into self filming with a saddle? I’m going to Be filming every time I go out and was just going to see if you ran into any problems. I will be using a G20 camcorder and a fourth arrow arm. And one GoPro.

I’ve been filming for years with both stands and saddles. I think it’s easier filming from a saddle. No issues at all.

Good deal. Now just got to find a used saddle or buy a sit and drag and mod it. Or buy a new one.

Back