• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy Pro Sticks

Hurst1

I found a set for sale at a local hunting store, my lone wolfs could use replacing, so I decided to give the muddy’s a try.
I have never seen such terrible workmanship on a product that a customer is using which could put their life in limbo!
The first stick I put together, the studs that run though for everything to bolt onto, just started to freely spin when any tightening pressure got put on them, then the next stick had a nut gone off of the step section, luckily it had fallen off in the box. Then the step section would not even fit onto the piece of square tubing! I was done after that, I took them back to the store and will wait on some helium’s or Dan’s sticks.

I bought a set of four when they first came out. Had to replace all the Nylock nuts with crimped thread interuption nuts and drill /pin the splines so they don't turn. At the time I didn't have alot to choose from as the Lone Wolf's were sold out, had to make due with what I had, but I'd never buy another Muddy anything product.....

I love them. Think they are a great stick. I have mostly dealt with older stuff. I wish they were half the weight they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love them. Think they are a great stick. I have mostly dealt with older stuff. I wish they were half the weight they are.

The one I put together was solid on a tree, but after the issues I had, I’m not using something like that to climb a tree.

The cam cleat is the only plus about them. Stated weight is false advertising.
Mine come in at 3.12lbs ea vs advertised 2.5.
I'll be switching to Lone Wolf's this year.

I found a set for sale at a local hunting store, my lone wolfs could use replacing, so I decided to give the muddy’s a try.
I have never seen such terrible workmanship on a product that a customer is using which could put their life in limbo!
The first stick I put together, the studs that run though for everything to bolt onto, just started to freely spin when any tightening pressure got put on them, then the next stick had a nut gone off of the step section, luckily it had fallen off in the box. Then the step section would not even fit onto the piece of square tubing! I was done after that, I took them back to the store and will wait on some helium’s or Dan’s sticks.

You weren’t the only one. It’s almost 2 years later and I’m still bitter.

The cam cleat is the only plus about them. Stated weight is false advertising.
Mine come in at 3.12lbs ea vs advertised 2.5.
I'll be switching to Lone Wolf's this year.

I’ve got lone wolfs, that I modded with double steps, I really like double steps, but the tubing is wallowing out some at the bolts that hold the steps on, so I figured I needed to go another route and keep those as a backup.

I used muddy pros for two years a lot.
Pros
double steps
Rope and cam
Once you figure it out they stack well
Negatives
Weight
Weight
Weight
Short steps
Shoddy workmanship but easily fixed

I liked them but want to move on

Thanks for the review. I was all set to order a set. I willjust start off using a red squirrel aider along with the wild Edge stepps

When I bought my steps I figured that if I wanted 20" steps that I could just modify the heliums at a later date. I do love having two steps, so for my it was either heliums or muddys and the heliums seemed far more versatile.

Thank you Red Squirrel , I have seen this Ascender before. I'm still wondering how your using it as an Aider in climbing but I'm imaging it is similar to what mountain climbers use it for
I'm hoping to make a video soon.

Back