• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My second harvest from the Sit Drag

SwampGhost

After a good Christmas dinner with the family I decided to go make an evening hunt since I’ve never taken a deer on Christmas Day. I was hunting public land where bucks only gun season is in progress and if you choose to bow hunt you have to only shoot bucks as well. I might add I haven’t killed a deer on this public in 3 seasons due to the herd crashing to all time lows! Not that I haven’t tried, it’s just been hard to even see tracks much less the deer that makes them!
This pretty spike came in and gave me a 6 yard shot and I was blessed to make a good shot. Four years ago I got a Wire Haired Dachshund to train to blood trail, but since I haven’t killed a deer here at home she has never had the opportunity to find a deer. So I went home and got my dog before starting to track. I was skeptical if she would do well since she is now 4 years old and hasn’t had any real experience trailing other than when she was young I would drag a piece of Deer liver through my yard but she always did a great job. I could tell she was on it by her body reaction and I tried to keep up with her but she was running on the track. I could hear the tag on her collar clinging so I just followed the sound. When I caught up with her she was chewing on the deer! I was very pleased and she sure was excited as well.....
Thanks for reading folks
a5fac7e4b845e5761e581a4af706a0ba.jpg

14e16a556594ab8c4380f56c738962a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back