• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My sit/drag custom progression

swampsnyper

Adding the mid strap with the end supports added more rigidity to the sling. Seems like it's a little more comfortable.
Also sewed up the end loops for ease of carabiner attachment.
Got my new alpine BOD harness in. I plan to add some plastic hardware so that I can attach the sit drag and be able to remove it easy.

fa33eda45195b2cdbb019f74a7de5ff8.jpg

fe1a1e0e7930fc9746af2e78ffbe2f39.jpg

f02d86fd4a629ad77189f859a02dbfa8.jpg

Do you think the strap down the middle made it more comfy or less? Did it change how it feels on your backside? Better or worse?Looks nice though and I'm sure it'll be awesome with a harness

Shaun

Hard to say for sure unless I had another with no mods to swap back and forth. I would think the more rigid it is the more support it would give. It did feel very nice. I remember when I 1st got the sit drag in thinking I wouldn't like it for long sits. I don't feel that way anymore.

Can we do something similar to this with the Kenn sling? But maybe add a sewn but rigid dyneema loop to the sewed loop for attachment.

I was thinking of doing something like this to help keep the sit drag from bunching closed. Good thinking! I think this might help. Can you post a pic of it with you hanging in it?

It's going to bunch by the loops. I positioned the V of the straps to allow the natural bunching to occur. The thin cloth of the sit drag bunching at the loops never bothered me. That's why I didn't position the middle strap to interfere with that area. I wouldn't want thicker straps trying to bunch. I'll try to get some pics.

Nice! That looks good. Really enjoying seeing all the different versions of the SD!

Looks nice, I like the way you inverted a V to connect back to the outer 2 straps, clever. The bunching wont cause issue, it would be the 2 skinny straps that would cause pressure points. If you not feeling any pressure, your good to go. That fits you about like mine fits me. What is the length/width of the seat portion and how far is it tip of loop to tip of loop?

kenn1320 said:
Looks nice, I like the way you inverted a V to connect back to the outer 2 straps, clever. The bunching wont cause issue, it would be the 2 skinny straps that would cause pressure points. If you not feeling any pressure, your good to go. That fits you about like mine fits me. What is the length/width of the seat portion and how far is it tip of loop to tip of loop?

Right. The gathered ends cause no discomfort because the extra material folds to the outside of the seat. If it gathered on the inside against your body it would cause discomfort.

37in total, 28in seat portion, and 7 1/2in wide

8e47c96e22838cf9451f4679bf6dfe85.jpg

d4c9b9b0b76810efc2d834bd98be7314.jpg

63ff1030754fe61439ebd243870ed942.jpg

Thats the Alpine BOD harness. Cheap and light!. I plan to use the sit/drag loops as my lineman loops. Are y'all foreseeing a problem with that which I can't see? Its great for back support. A lot better than using the RC belt as a linemans belt, comfort-wise.

Hmmmm....I see, If I fell while using the lineman belt on the sit/drag, I'd be depending on the sit/drag to catch me. Dang, Back to the drawing board. :evil:

Back