• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Chesapeake VA

Vahunter23322

Joined a few weeks ago. I have read and read and read and watched more videos than I care to admit. Just purchased a Overwatch Transformer saddle and an EDP platform. Already had various sticks. Will do an initial hang tomorrow. I am excited to give this a try. Hope it works out for me.. Ive got 8 months to make it a go.

Welcome! Chesapeake is my old stomping grounds. Do you hunt the public areas?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Welcome! Chesapeake is my old stomping grounds. Do you hunt the public areas?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I used to hunt the public land in Chesapeake but no longer do so. I have permission to hunt two farms near my house but my favorite area to hunt is Fort AP Hill north of Richmond. I hunt with several military active duty and retirees and AP Hill works as a great gathering spot for us.

I used to hunt the public land in Chesapeake but no longer do so. I have permission to hunt two farms near my house but my favorite area to hunt is Fort AP Hill north of Richmond. I hunt with several military active duty and retirees and AP Hill works as a great gathering spot for us.

Welcome. Another APH hunter here.

Welcome from KG! Small world. Hunted FAPH as a first year this season; great place!
Hey Red Beard. Did you have any luck at the Hill? I passed on some good ones due to chasing a few bigger monsters. I’ve hunted there for about 20 years now. Love it. Usually stay in the bow only areas.

Hey Red Beard. Did you have any luck at the Hill? I passed on some good ones due to chasing a few bigger monsters. I’ve hunted there for about 20 years now. Love it. Usually stay in the bow only areas.
I finally got one with BP a few days before season end. Certainly saw plenty though!

Let me know when you're going next season!

Sounds similar to what I have up here in PA at Fort Indiantown Gap. Amazing deer and turkey hunting. Also, I've seen more bear in 10 years there than hunting anywhere else. Not sure about FAPH but FTIG does an amazing job at habitat for the animals

How much of a PITA is it to get on APH?
Actually getting on isn't the pain (assuming you aren't a felon) but the regs are very strict. Simple things like not being able to just drive around and look at areas can make it difficult to me. Place is huge so I'd suggest learning a couple of spots in various areas as they do close areas for training during the season (some areas this past season were rarely open).

Back