• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

rapelling..... items you use?

Buckhorn70

SH Member
I pretty much have a good idea on how rappelling works by researching threads on here, but I would like to know what you guys are using and how you like you set up.

• Rope...What kind?
  • Screw in link or Carabineer?
  • pull loose rope/string?
  • device on rope for rappelling?
Any other items you may you can suggest. I want to buy a set up soon and I want to know what items you guys find the best. Thanks

9mm sterling htp
screw link
paracord or my bow pull up rope
was using a gri gri 2, just switched to a mad rock lifeguard which is much smaller. Have only tested it but I'm pretty sure its coming with me this year.

Im using 9mm Ultratech with delta link. I actually am debating on using the pulley setup for line retrieval but for rappelling its the madrock lifeguard (small and compact).

I plan on using the 9mm ultra tech this year with a pulley and Black Diamond ATC Sport. I used the ATC last year and it worked great and weighs nothing. I also like to use a second bridge on my sit drag that is shorter than my normal one. That way I can hook into my rappel rig while hanging from my tether. After I'm hooked up and ready to go down I simply unhook my main tether and bridge and I'm on my way. I'll post a pic of it to show you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ec2d9f0937395598c124a38c20e782f3.jpg

Notice the caribiner in using. Don't do that lol. Use a screw link like suggested. I never had a problem doing this but it's not the safest and I won't be doing it this year. The "bridge" I'm using is an eye-eye with spliced loops it meant to be used for a prussic but it works great for a bridge!

Notice the caribiner in using. Don't do that lol. Use a screw link like suggested. I never had a problem doing this but it's not the safest and I won't be doing it this year. The "bridge" I'm using is an eye-eye with spliced loops it meant to be used for a prussic but it works great for a bridge!

A petzl screw link would work well too and be stronger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Flingin, do you have another pic showing the bracket that your packs hanging from? I like that stap/pad/hanger setup!

Flingin, do you have another pic showing the bracket that your packs hanging from? I like that stap/pad/hanger setup!

It's actually the base for my fourth arrow camera arm
89d263cd9801bd26e93bb099049ac38c.jpg

I pretty much have a good idea on how rappelling works by researching threads on here, but I would like to know what you guys are using and how you like you set up.

• Rope...What kind?
  • Screw in link or Carabineer?
  • pull loose rope/string?
  • device on rope for rappelling?
Any other items you may you can suggest. I want to buy a set up soon and I want to know what items you guys find the best. Thanks
Sterling HTP 11mm
Carabiner
Canopy anchor with a alpine butterfly midline loop attachd to a DMM pinto pulley
ISC D4 or Grigri2, Ascend with a RADS system!

Back