• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddlepalooza gear list

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Let me know what saddle hunting gear you will be bringing and I will post it in this first post. I have to pick and choose what I am bringing since I'm flying in so if someone else is bringing it I won't.

I told @ImThere I would bring my size 2 kestrel. If anyone else is bringing a size 2 I may leave it home and just bring my anderson sling. I'm bringing the lightest saddle hunting setup I have. I pretty much have 1 of everything else so I can bring it if we need to fill in some gaps.

anderson sling-@redsquirrel
bullman steps with redsquirrel aider-@redsquirrel
my aluminum golden buck steps on a boat buckle with strap-@redsquirrel
madrock lifeguard -@redsquirrel
kestrel size 1- @kelly.jayp
12 wild edge stepps- @kelly.jayp
leather trophyline tree saddle - @huck72412
spurs- @Erniepower
klemz platform- @Erniepower
rappelling rope- @Erniepower
kestrel size 2- @bongo
aerohunter evolution size 1-@bongo
sit drag-@bongo
xop climber top-@bongo
lone wolf climber top-@bongo
xop platform-@bongo
leverage sticks-@bongo
metolius deluxe aider-@bongo
klein spurs-@bongo
14' jonboat w/ 8hp outboard-@bongo
fly rod-@bongo
bolts with hand drill and power dril -@ikemanTX
hawk helium knockoffs-@IkemanTX
platform-@IkemanTX
canoe-@IkemanTX
trail cam screw mount-@ikemanTX
amsteel-@ikemanTX
kestrels- @Boudreaux
EONPOW climbers-@Boudreaux

Last edited:
@redsquirrel
Bigasports has got a size 2 so I can try his. If someone else has one I would like to try it while among you guys so I can see how to adjust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red if you have a RCH you may want to get rid of I may be needing. Will depend on if Ernie’s fits. Looks like I’m borderline on his. Don’t want to add to your pack list though

I've been pondering this exact dilemma.

I've narrowed it down to a leather Trophyline Tree Saddle!

I'm in the basement trying to figure out my pack list as, well.

I decided to go with

Spurs, kestrel size 1, klemz platform, and rapelling rope.

Basically the same setup I use for most of my deer hunts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm in the basement trying to figure out my pack list as, well.

I decided to go with

Spurs, kestrel size 1, klemz platform, and rapelling rope.

Basically the same setup I use for most of my deer hunts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great I would like to see how to rappell

Kestrel 1 and 2, Evo size 1, 2 Sitdrags. 8 Trophy Steps in carry bag and 8 more in shipping box for sale. XOP Climber top, Old Lone Wolf hand climber for top bottom or both and XOP platform. 8 Leverage sticks two step, 4 1” tubing aider, 2 Ontariofarmers aider just taken out of box to look at. 1 pair almost new Klein Spurs. Rappeling rope and some other rope that’s not rated but I use it for flip lines and such. 14’ jonboat with 8 hp and fly rod fish should bite with it being warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kestrel 1 and 2, Evo size 1, 2 Sitdrags. 8 Trophy Steps in carry bag and 8 more in shipping box for sale. XOP Climber top, Old Lone Wolf hand climber for top bottom or both and XOP platform. 8 Leverage sticks two step, 4 1” tubing aider, 2 Ontariofarmers aider just taken out of box to look at. 1 pair almost new Klein Spurs. Rappeling rope and some other rope that’s not rated but I use it for flip lines and such. 14’ jonboat with 8 hp and fly rod fish should bite with it being warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good call on the flyrod. I will bring mine

I’m bringing a sit drag
bolts w/ezkut hand drill
Power drill with kreg bit
3 Hawk helium knockoffs
Aiders for hawks
My DaveT1963 platform
My 3 stepp ladder steps
A small canoe
My trail cam screw mount with cam. (Someone wanted to see it)
And a little amsteel to see if someone can walk me through splicing eyes.

I might bring my vacuum sealer now that I think about it.

Also - I am in need of a couple ice chests. One for ICE ONLY for cups. And 1 to hold cold drinks.

Who can help me out?

Also - I am in need of a couple ice chests. One for ICE ONLY for cups. And 1 to hold cold drinks.

Who can help me out?
I have a yeti 50 and a igloo 72 or several Colman 32 whichever you want, I can bring

Is everyone set on tents? I have a six man ,but haven't checked it yet.I can set it up this week and check it if we need it

Back