• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

So simple! Why did I not do it sooner?

Gettin Closer

I was playing around with the Guido's Web and the sitdrag yesterday and I was showing my wife how to use them. (We got about waist high off the ground so she could get used to the lineman belt and then for some reason I did something I never did before. I clipped the lineman belt around the tree to itself and used the ropeman1 to tighten it down. I did this to get it out of the way vs bundling it up and storing it in the bag like normal. Then it hit me! Why do I keep an extra piece of corsage to hang my gear when I have a gear rope right here! I do not need the lineman till I am headed down the tree anyhow.

Some of you may be (and most likely are) a lot smarter than me. But I have not seen this mentioned on here before.

Instead of keeping paracord and stuff to hang gear. I am going to get some of the large plastic hooks I see you using and just keep those I the bag. Then I can clip them to the rope once tightened to the tree. Fewer ropes = fewer problems!

Hope this helps someone!
bb767d5bcf93983f82b872a7b36003dd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was playing around with the Guido's Web and the sitdrag yesterday and I was showing my wife how to use them. (We got about waist high off the ground so she could get used to the lineman belt and then for some reason I did something I never did before. I clipped the lineman belt around the tree to itself and used the ropeman1 to tighten it down. I did this to get it out of the way vs bundling it up and storing it in the bag like normal. Then it hit me! Why do I keep an extra piece of corsage to hang my gear when I have a gear rope right here! I do not need the lineman till I am headed down the tree anyhow.

Some of you may be (and most likely are) a lot smarter than me. But I have not seen this mentioned on here before.

Instead of keeping paracord and stuff to hang gear. I am going to get some of the large plastic hooks I see you using and just keep those I the bag. Then I can clip them to the rope once tightened to the tree. Fewer ropes = fewer problems!

Hope this helps someone!
bb767d5bcf93983f82b872a7b36003dd.jpg

Cordage it is supposed to say cordage... not corsage. (I do not keep flowers with me when hunting.)

It's a better idea to keep that attached and ready for use. In an emergency, you'll be happy to be able to get it immediately. I have a small fleece pouch attached next to the linesmans belt that I can stuff it into.

I like it! I try to have as many dual use items as I can so that would definitely be handy. You could also come up with a hook to hang your bow off of it as well!

I have a Hobie Revolution 13' - simply awesome fishing machine.
The reds and trout used to swim past, the turn around to jump in my kayak, well, sort of...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

You're right on @Gettin Closer

Dual-use gear is where it's at.

My hanger isn't dual-use, but the rest of my setup is pretty light. I don't mind the trade-off.

And @Scott F - those Hobies are where it's at!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I was using a piece of paracord with a Blake's hitch to snug it up and had small hooks attached to hang the backpack and bow. (The hooks were/are too small) but if I replace the paracord and small hooks with 2 bigger hooks and use the lineman belt as a gear holder, that reduces total rope length. Not sure it will save on weight but it will definentally save on tangles... and that is a big deal in the dark!

As far as the hobbie kyakaks go, they are the Cadillac of the kayak world. They only have 2 down sides to them. They are heavy and the fin drive can get messed up if you go in a lot of shallow areas with trees and debris. Other than that, they are fast, crazy stable and comfortable with a layout that leaves nothing to be desired.

I know i know its always his fault but it was actually genius believe me. He may be a bad influence on our wallets shoot now im looking to by a hobie kayak but his hanger is by far the best design.
you cannot go wrong with a Hobie kayak trust me ive drivin many hours to pick up the two ive owned and every second and ounce of gas used was worth it

I was using a piece of paracord with a Blake's hitch to snug it up and had small hooks attached to hang the backpack and bow. (The hooks were/are too small) but if I replace the paracord and small hooks with 2 bigger hooks and use the lineman belt as a gear holder, that reduces total rope length. Not sure it will save on weight but it will definentally save on tangles... and that is a big deal in the dark!

As far as the hobbie kyakaks go, they are the Cadillac of the kayak world. They only have 2 down sides to them. They are heavy and the fin drive can get messed up if you go in a lot of shallow areas with trees and debris. Other than that, they are fast, crazy stable and comfortable with a layout that leaves nothing to be desired.

the new Hobie Compass is LIGHT

I'm probably going to pick up a Compass next season. I've been wanting a second boat to take my kids. I was going to get an Outback, but I really like the Compass built around the Pro Angler platform.

I tethered mine to a cheap sit in kayak that I towed my son in when he was younger. We used to troll for blues and redfish, my longest trip like this was a 2 mile out and 2 mile back trip. Try that paddleing! That was before upgrading my fins too.

Any kayak that you can no-$h¡t get a rooster tail going behind you is good to go in my book!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Back