• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Thread injector

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Got the new thread injector from Amazon yesterday. Shi!t's about to get real.

57c59e1b8ff8de04db1dba7add851f48.jpg

Oh boy! Life is about to get exciting and frustrating. It's cool to make stuff, but sometimes, the tensions can get frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Y'all have me wanting a thread injector. My wife even agreed that it would be a good investment with upholstery shops charging $68 an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one of the old singers after reading about some of the machines guys picked up on here. Struggled with it a little at first then picked up a new motor for short money with a slightly higher wattage. Made a huge difference.

Gave it a test run today. It worked very well.
Nice. Please let us know how it does with the heavier threads. I had a new brother brand machine before the singer that would go through several layers of webbing with lighter thread but when I tried upholstery thread it bound up tight.

Yeah it doesn't like the upholstery thread. I had to manually push the needle in for the first stitch.

After the first stitch, the momentum kept it going ok. This was 2 really thick layers of webbing.

Just made a sling pack for my Cranford rope steps with my singer 4423, fleece outside and duck canvas inside. Can't wait to make my backpack!

962a70bd6fb2b16646f9b7069332c5b7.jpg
dbf47ed7733ec8f84a17f4bbd9cc4193.jpg

Reactions: JWS
Back