• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What Boots Do You Wear?

Letemgrowitllshow

Wondering what boots you guys are using? I'm wanting to get a pair of rubber boots but I want something that I can wear for late season here in MN as well.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Tingley ultralights for early season. Lacrosse alpha burley when it starts to cool cause I can put some wool socks on under them. Baffin hunter's as it gets cooler, then baffin titan and ll bean pac boots when it gets really cold.

Muck Field blazers all year long. Wool socks and warmers when the mercury drops.

Interested in trying something new though. Wife is encouraging me to buy some snake proof stuff. Thinking Dan's or Yoder's.

Tingley ultralights for early season. Lacrosse alpha burley when it starts to cool cause I can put some wool socks on under them. Baffin hunter's as it gets cooler, then baffin titan and ll bean pac boots when it gets really cold.

What do you think of the titans? I have the titans and have been thinking about getting rid of them. I didn't feel they were any warmer than my 7.0mm aeroheads and they are super bulky as well. Just a highly impractical hunting boot IMO. I think I wore them once.

What do you think of the titans? I have the titans and have been thinking about getting rid of them. I didn't feel they were any warmer than my 7.0mm aeroheads and they are super bulky as well. Just a highly impractical hunting boot IMO. I think I wore them once.
I think they're warm. I always have some sort of foot warmers in with whatever boots I'm wearing at that time of year though. I agree with you on the bulk. I can't zip my sitka bibs down around them which was a bummer so I ended up wearing the bean boots more.

I just use a pair of Lacrosse standard boots (leather/cordura) with 1200 grams of thinsulate. When it gets cold out, I put an Arctic shield boot cover around them. Throw in an occasional toe warmer and I'm good.

I have some Cabela's Saskatchewan pac boots but they're to heavy to walk in (6 lbs) and I don't like carrying them in. They got designated to ice fishing duty. I have never got cold feet with them though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I just wear some easy to slip on boots. After I get to the tree I slip them off, fold the tops (so odor can't escape) and yea, I slip on some insulated house shoes. That away my piggies stay warm lol. No matter if the boots are insulated or not my feet get cold. But I started doing this a few years ago and I've had no issues with cold feet.
Btw, this is only during winter. During the fall I use lacrosse burly

Early season I wear either kenetrek Bridger or scarpa kinesis. Majority of season I wear lacrosse aeroheads and love them. Been eyeing the lacrosse alphaburly since they are even a touch lighter than aeroheads now.

Lacrosse aeroheads when boots are truly needed for water crossing. Mainly wear black Asic nimbus running shoes for lightweight comfort. The only scent game I play is the wind and thermals so not concerned about that aspect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have lacrosse aeroheads in 3.0mm and 7.0mm. At almost all of my properties I am crossing water. I have put hundreds of miles on my 3.0mm pairs wearing them from early to mid season for deer hunting, turkey hunts, and deer scouting. I’ll also wear them fishing depending on the temps.

The 3.0mm pair is my plainclothes shoe size and Usually will wear them down into the 40s. Once it starts getting colder I have the 7.0mm in a size larger so I can wear heavier socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only had the 3.0 or 3.5mm whatever they are and by rut I have a hard time with cold feet. How much warmer are the 7mm?

I just use a pair of Lacrosse standard boots (leather/cordura) with 1200 grams of thinsulate. When it gets cold out, I put an Arctic shield boot cover around them. Throw in an occasional toe warmer and I'm good.

I have some Cabela's Saskatchewan pac boots but they're to heavy to walk in (6 lbs) and I don't like carrying them in. They got designated to ice fishing duty. I have never got cold feet with them though.

Do you walk in with the Artic Shield Boot Covers?

I will be using a platform this year, so for those of you that hunt from a platform, how do you guys like your boots on the platform? Is there anything to be weary of like noises the boots make and stuff like that?

Also, do any of you guys use an aider? How do your boots perform while using an aider?

Do you walk in with the Artic Shield Boot Covers?

No, i just put those on when I'm getting set up in tree or use a toe heater in boot. I don't think they're made any more but I heard good things about the boot blankets. Just have to be extremely careful putting them on as it is a tight fit. I like them as they are not as bulky as the boot blankets.

lacrosse aeroheads for me... until late season then I move to pac boots.

I've only had the 3.0 or 3.5mm whatever they are and by rut I have a hard time with cold feet. How much warmer are the 7mm?

Considerably. I also wear them ice fishing iffhat tells you anything. But you gotta size up so you can wear thicker socks. I have considered the alpha burley 1200g too.

I will be using a platform this year, so for those of you that hunt from a platform, how do you guys like your boots on the platform? Is there anything to be weary of like noises the boots make and stuff like that?

Also, do any of you guys use an aider? How do your boots perform while using an aider?

I have a size 13 foot. No issues with noise or size of my XOP platform. However on screw in ameristeps there can be creaking/rubbing noise from rubber boots.

Yes I use an aider on my sticks. Only on the bottom one or two sticks though. I am not comfortable fishing my big foot through the aider loop higher than 5-6ft off the ground. On rubber boots the aider material can kind of hang on the rubber when trying to get your foot through the loop.

Back