• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

what bow holder/hanger do you use?

LASOutdoorsmen

What's a good strap on bow holder? One that keeps your bow off the tree, lightweight, and can fit in your pocket.

The HME long accessory hook is my go to. I can hang the bow on my left side(right handed) with the quiver on. http://www.hmeproducts.com/accessory-hooks.
They come in a thee pack for about 5 bucks. I'll use a the bow and geear holder on the right side lower on the tree to hang my field line pack and a jacket when it gets cold.

Bigburner said:
The HME long accessory hook is my go to. I can hang the bow on my left side(right handed) with the quiver on. http://www.hmeproducts.com/accessory-hooks.
They come in a thee pack for about 5 bucks. I'll use a the bow and geear holder on the right side lower on the tree to hang my field line pack and a jacket when it gets cold.

I use the same for all my pre-sets, except that I buy a 50 pack of these for 29 bucks, http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/gorilla-gear-hooks-50pk-p-13318.html.

BB- he is looking for a strap on bow holder.

Screw in bow holders are to much of a hassle for me. Call me lazy, but straps are easy.
I was thinking about getting the Lone Wolf Utility Belt. I just wonder how far the bow hook comes off the tree.

Attachments

• lwub.jpg
    lwub.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 872
LASOutdoorsmen said:
Screw in bow holders are to much of a hassle for me. Call me lazy, but straps are easy.
I was thinking about getting the Lone Wolf Utility Belt. I just wonder how far the bow hook comes off the tree.

Looks pretty good. Has anyone used it?

I called lone wolf. Sales Rep told me that the bow hook is 3 1/2" long. Not enough for me. I don't want my bow hitting against the tree.

LASOutdoorsmen said:
I called lone wolf. Sales Rep told me that the bow hook is 3 1/2" long. Not enough for me. I don't want my bow hitting against the tree.

Why don't you want it hitting the tree? I use those small hooks all the time an I actually rest the bow against the tree. It keeps it from dangling and swinging around.

LASOutdoorsmen said:
Don't want to knock something out of alignment.

Ok. Have you tried it though? When my bow rests against the tree it just hangs between the string and the limb, and my quiver holder (quiver off) rests against the tree, so I have no issues with anything getting bumped.

I like the stability of having the bow against the tree.
But I'm using a Recurve.
I just have mine hanging on a paracord loop hanging from a belt.
Trying to find an easy attachment that comes loose more easily than the paracord (I have to lift it free)

Here is what I normally do
d35e54917d53817db71c44c7f43d9e3a.jpg

One problem I see in the picture is that it restricts your game of motion. I don't wanna have to move my bow everytime I want to swing to my right (yeah I'm a lefty).

This is the link for the insane archery mount, http://www.insanearchery.com/. It works pretty good for a bow mount, its always going to be shaky at the shot.

I usually keep my bow a little further forward on the tree so as I swing from left to right it doesn't affect me. In this tree, and some others, I actually have 2 bow hooks depending on how I am hanging for that sit (if its an afternoon or morning sit). The bow doesn't really get in the way as I swing to my left because anytime I am swinging that far to the left I have the bow in my hand because I am either getting ready to shoot or shooting.

Guess I need to position my bow for the anticipated shot. I'll try it out, but I'm coming to house if I need to resight my bow in. :p

Boswell, has got the answer.
Hey if you find two let me know ASAP. I'll buy it from you, if need be.

Boudreaux said:
http://www.treelinestands.com/products/camit/

I am trying to get my hands on one of these. The company is out of stock and I can't find a retailer close to me.

Thanks,
Boswell

That thing is sweet....if you can't find them, should be easy enough to build your own. This already gave me a few other ideas I'll have to look into building now.....Very sweet! I use a strap on bow holder with three hooks like the HME, might even be the HME, but I think it's Pine Ridge. Not great, but way better than fussing with screw-in bow hooks.

LASOutdoorsmen said:
Boswell, has got the answer.
Hey if you find two let me know ASAP. I'll buy it from you, if need be.

Gonna make a few calls tomorrow, Ill let ya know what I turn up.

Thanks,
Boswell

Back