• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What lineman belts are you using? Need suggestions.

cobra_archer

I've been using a tree hopper for many years to set stands and prep tress for my saddle. My sons keep borrowing it and I want to buy a couple more. I do not want something as bulky as the HSS model. Has any one been using a riggers belt with loops or rock climbing gear. I want to keep it as simple as possible. Tree hoppers are currently unavailable at this time at their website.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

I use Sterling Tri-Tech with a spliced eye on each end. I also use the tree hopper. Love it!!!

I use the smaller rope that Red S turned us onto a year or so ago along with a ropeman 2. I think the rope was called ultratek or something????

I use the smaller rope that Red S turned us onto a year or so ago along with a ropeman 2. I think the rope was called ultratek or something????
Samson ultratech. I'm also using 9mm sterling htp now too.

Samson ultratech. I'm also using 9mm sterling htp now too.

Just found out they make 3/16 ultra tech now - I am thinking about trying to get someone to make me three 4 foot ropes with a sewn loop on one end and trying that on my sticks..... that sheath should hold of for decades for that purpose and it is still pretty light stuff.

Just found out they make 3/16 ultra tech now - I am thinking about trying to get someone to make me three 4 foot ropes with a sewn loop on one end and trying that on my sticks..... that sheath should hold of for decades for that purpose and it is still pretty light stuff.
I'll have to check it out. Yea the stuff is awesome!

I love mine. I make my own out of seat belt webbing.

There's a thread on them somewhere I'll see if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a tree hopper and I think the other one I use is a Ameristep or an API climbing belt . It has a nice zippered pouch on it and it has a strap not a rope. Had it for years.

I have a tree hopper too, and works good when you have a quick little adjustment to do and are on the run. If I’m setting or prepping a lot of trees, I just throw on my arborist saddle and gear, way easier, safer and quicker in the tree.

Last edited:
Back